{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Gears of War 2 maps

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NINJA_RULER

NINJA_RULER

Number of posts : 470
Gamertag : NINJA RULER
Registration date : 2009-01-29

New Gears of War 2 maps Empty
PostSubject: New Gears of War 2 maps   New Gears of War 2 maps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:11 pm

now for everyone who plays gears should know that a new map pack came out today aswell with an extra campaign mission. first i'd like to say if u havent got any of the map packs get this one. this one by far is the best. 7 maps and each map is very much like the first gears maps. smooth and equal to both locust and cog. it brings back war machine a fan fav and also throws in a campaign mission for just 1200 ms points!!!

now lets get the run down. there are 7 maps total. most fo which are great, and some are slightly lacking but still are good. ok so let me give u my opinion on the maps.

War Machine - They brought back good ol war machine and its in top condition. a few minor problems though they moved the grenades slightly to the left of were they used to be(y i dunno), also there is a boom sheild nao (?), and lastly during the weapon cycle there is a boomshot were the torque bow is (great thnx for putting a boom shot in every level epic jeez)

Highway - Next we have highway. this map is definitly for close corners im talking barely any open spots. there is an upper lvl and a lower level with the flamethrower, sniper rifle and i think it alternates to boomshot and torque bow. this map isnt as good as the others but it can be fun. i like how in the background there is an army on the locust highway with a brumack walking with them. too bad u cant kill them.

Sanctuary - This map i love. there are 3 levels to the map and its not to big surprisingly. everything is layered perfectly and there are tussles for each weapon as they are positioned in the middle of each level.

Way Station - This map is also good. u start out on either side of your opponent and its funny cuz everyone races down the corridor to grab the torque/sniper. there is a small immulsion river seperating the teams until u get to some stairs but u can shoot at the other from across the river.

Allfathers Garden - this is another great map. very similar to sanctuary unfortuanatly but thats why its good. basically the same premiss on weapons and layout just a little different looking.

Memorial - didnt get to play on this map much but i got a gears one feel from it. kind of a cross between old bones and pavilion. i didnt enjoy the map that much but i only played it once and was only in one area so.

Nowhere - Lastly we got nowhere. this map is probably the best one. especially the scenery. it changes from all that dark city schust. the snow stuff was good but still hard that dark feel to it. nowhere is set in the desert and looks surpisingly good. the map is greatly layered and not to large. very gears 1ish and still has a gears 2 vibe. and its also amazing they way it looks when a dust storm hits. during combat after a while a dust storm will come through and it layers the map perfectly. its so amazing when it hits i can barely describe it. very good job on that map epic. im wondering if mayb thats a preview to gears 3. a desert setting perhaps?

nao let me tell u about the campaign map. first of all i really hope epic doesnt put this new stealth schust in gears 3 (also i heard it was gonna be rpgish like bioshock and mass effect please god dont let that happen i do love those games but gears rpg sounds dumb). the stealth thing was basically dont get to close to the locust or they smell u. and walk past them when they face the other way. it was only cool seeing dom and marcus in theron armor. nao if u really want the full effect of the mission addon then go guns blazin. its very fun and feels like it shouyld have been in the game. although it is very short i beat it in like 8 minutes so. and please hopefully (cuz u fight a brumack in the mission addon) epic will make it like gears 1 were when u fight a boss u fight it with the weapons u got and not dumbass troikas. it felt way more awesome in gears 1 killing the creeper and and schust on foot. and i was really hoping that the same would be said for the brumack but that was just not the case.

anywho final thoughts. the best map pack yet. hopefully epic decides to do one more map pack (flashback with new like mayb 7 maps Raven Down, Bullet Marsh, Clock Tower, Rooftops, Escalation, and like 2 new maps would be very cool) also if u dont have snowblind, combustible, or even flashback then u can download all fronts for 1600 ms points which contains dark corners, snowblind, combustible, and flashback all in one package. i already had all map packs so i had to buy dark corners seperate. but that deal is well worth is especially if u dont got the maps.
Back to top Go down
x E c 5 T a S y

Number of posts : 113
Gamertag : x E c 5 T a S y
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: New Gears of War 2 maps   New Gears of War 2 maps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:11 pm

Boomshot on War Machine.... TRASH...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jabay91
NINJA_RULER

NINJA_RULER

Number of posts : 470
Gamertag : NINJA RULER
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New Gears of War 2 maps   New Gears of War 2 maps Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:44 pm

x E c 5 T a S y wrote:
Boomshot on War Machine.... TRASH...

thats what i thought
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Gears of War 2 maps   New Gears of War 2 maps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Gears of War 2 maps
Page 1 of 1