{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Developer Slant six making layoffs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Developer Slant six making layoffs Empty
PostSubject: Developer Slant six making layoffs   Developer Slant six making layoffs Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:13 am

Why is this big or bad news? or even SWBF3 news? because Slant six was reportedly working on Star Wars Battlefront online.
The online only version of SWBF.
So what this means is anybodies guess. May I suggest in the future that Lucas arts not leave production in the hands of crappy PS3 developers.
First was Haze and that debacle when there studio closed down and now this.

SOCOM Confrontation studio confirms downsizing, intention to rehire staffers in future; affected developers will receive benefits in meantime.

The Vancouver-based developer of three SOCOM: US Navy SEALs games has suffered some casualties. Slant Six managing director Brian Thalken confirmed for GameSpot that the developer instituted a round of "temporary layoffs" yesterday. Thalken did not say how many employees were affected.

Slant Six's most recent game, Fireteam Bravo 3 for PSP, launched in February.

In explaining the need for the layoffs, Thalken said, "our current project needs do not align with our current staffing levels." Apparently reluctant to leave a man (or woman) behind, he added the studio will bring back "as many of these staff members as possible" once the workflow accelerates on its next projects. In the meantime, Slant Six will continue providing extended benefits to those who were temporarily laid off.

Formed in 2005, Slant Six has created three games to date, all of them in the SOCOM universe. In addition to the series' PlayStation 3 debut, Confrontation, Slant Six also made two PSP installments: 2007's Tactical Strike and Fireteam Bravo 3, released in February. The company's current projects are unannounced.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
D35TROY3R08

Number of posts : 53
Gamertag : D35TROY3R08
PSN : D35TROY3R_08
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Developer Slant six making layoffs   Developer Slant six making layoffs Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:22 am

It doesn't matter if they're PS3 devs.. They just suck balls anyway. Laughing They might as well tell the truth, they're laying off because all of their games can be found USED with ease. Laughing
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Developer Slant six making layoffs   Developer Slant six making layoffs Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:24 am

Ya, but they were the ones making Battlefront online. I am kind of sick of MW2 and was really hoping for a big SWBF announcement this year, seems every time someone gets close or is in the process of making something, thing's like this happen.
Back to top Go down
D35TROY3R08

Number of posts : 53
Gamertag : D35TROY3R08
PSN : D35TROY3R_08
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Developer Slant six making layoffs   Developer Slant six making layoffs Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:27 am

crapgamer wrote:
Ya, but they were the ones making Battlefront online. I am kind of sick of MW2 and was really hoping for a big SWBF announcement this year, seems every time someone gets close or is in the process of making something, thing's like this happen.

Maybe the franchise is just cursed or something? Watch Slant Six close like Free Radical now.. Then EA does it.. And then EA closes. Shocked
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Developer Slant six making layoffs   Developer Slant six making layoffs Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:41 am

If EA closed I'd do the dance of joy!
I am still pissed that they bought the NFL rights and then extended that contract....ESPN NFL 2K5 FTW! I haven't touched a Football game since then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Developer Slant six making layoffs   Developer Slant six making layoffs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Developer Slant six making layoffs
Page 1 of 1