{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Treyarch Listening to Community! (Blame Truth)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hyphy

Hyphy

Number of posts : 664
Gamertag : Hyphay
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Treyarch Listening to Community! (Blame Truth) Empty
PostSubject: Treyarch Listening to Community! (Blame Truth)   Treyarch Listening to Community! (Blame Truth) Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:15 pm

Blame Truth, the first person to start the CoD video commentating thats grown so large now, in one of his recent videos on Machinima addressed to Treyarch about what he wants to see in this new CoD game.

Treyarch actually responded to his video on their forums saying this.

"What do you think about Blame Truth's video feedback?

RE: Dedicated Servers. Dedicated servers for console (Xbox, PS3, Wii) games. The cost/reward structure of dedicated servers for console games is complicated as All Get Out. I am not talking about PC games. That's a different, and much easier, conversation. My point is simply that error you see that you think is lag, is not necessarily caused by latency, and dedicated servers won't solve every perceived error you think is lag.

Re: Matchmaking.. We have a few very specific ideas to improve host selection. Yet, no matter what you do until you can build a profile/library/db of who is a good host and who is not, the first couple of times someone ends up host he is going to be as good of a host as anyone else. The game can't see into the future. His connection might of been awesome at the time host selection was made.

Generally, however, we like the "make matchmaking as fast as possible" approach. When you start adding in matchmaking criteria, such as: "I only want to play with people who think cussing is OK," you end up making the matchmaking process slower.

I like the idea of allowing the user, in matchmaking preference, to opt out of joining games in progress. But, I don't think I would turn it on by default. I will discuss that with the team and see what we can do.

Re: Map Preference. We did do some work in this area. Blame Truth wants to go back to the COD2 way. What we have is more simple and requires active participation.

Re: Bare Bone Playlists. This can be done right now except for the "no weapon attachments" part of it. I would say that if people want a playlist, then they should lobby Josh. We have features that require more post-launch support than ever before. Playlists can be updated.

Re: Weapon Balance. Black Ops is trying to find some place between the skill of World at War weapons with the accessibility of MW2 weapons. Easy to use, difficult to master. I added a guy to my team this year, who is working on this nearly full-time.

We are committed to this idea and committed to fixing what we don't get right. I get a lot of feedback that the guns "should be more like MW2" and are "too hard to use, and should have less kick and sway."

The more focused (dare I say hard-core?) competitive FPS gamer seems to prefer the World at War tuning. I am like you. I also prefer it, but it would be arrogant to complete dismiss and ignore the other 10 million people who are not like us.

Vahn"

link to vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN0XmCpi7dg

looks hopeful that Treyarch will try to learn from IW's mistakes and try to make a much better game than mw2, listening to the community and they will have a public beta Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch Listening to Community! (Blame Truth)   Treyarch Listening to Community! (Blame Truth) Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:05 am

Too bad IW didn't take info from people....
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch Listening to Community! (Blame Truth)   Treyarch Listening to Community! (Blame Truth) Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:30 am

I found this article today about how Black ops will handle matchmaking, learning from the mistakes MW2 had.

Treyarch has detailed their intentions for Call of Duty: Black Ops' multiplayer. Although dedicated servers are unlikely to make their way into the console versions, the developer is hard at work on matchmaking.

In response to a Black Ops wish list from YouTube user Blame Truth, Treyarch multiplayer design director David Vonderhaar ("Vahn") has detailed the studio's views on a number of raised issues.

There have been numerous complaints about Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer, such as its dodgy peer-to-peer matchmaking. EA's Battlefield Bad Company 2 solves such woes with dedicated servers, but so far Activision has been reluctant to match this with Call of Duty.

This isn't going to change any time soon as far as the console versions are concerned. However, as previously reported, PC gamers can breathe easy. Dedicated servers will make their return with Black Ops. On this issue Vohn writes:

"The cost/reward structure of dedicated servers for console games is as complicated as All Get Out. I am not talking about PC games. That's a different, and much easier, conversation. My point is simply that, that error you think is lag is not necessarily caused by latency, and dedicated servers won't solve every perceived error you think is lag."

In reference to peer-to-peer hosting, Vohn explains that the studio has a number of specific ideas to improve host selection:

"Until you can build a profile/library of who is a good host and who is not, the first couple of times someone ends up host, he is going to be as good of a host as anyone else. The game can't see into the future. His connection might have been awesome at the time host selection was made," Vohn comments.

He adds that the studio prefers the "'make matchmaking as fast as possible' approach," avoiding check box criteria that would up make the matchmaking process even slower.

As far as the ability to select multiplayer map preferences before entering matchmaking, which is reminiscent of Call of Duty 2's options, Treyarch has apparently created a system that is "more simple and requires active participation" for Black Ops.

Weapon balance was something Call of Duty fans thought both Treyarch and Infinity Ward have got wrong. World at War's weapons were too difficult for new players, and Modern Warfare 2's were too easy. The studio hopes to readdress the balance in Black Ops. Vohn explains:

"Black Ops is trying to find some place between the skill of World at War weapons with the accessibility of MW2 weapons. Easy to use, difficult to master. I added a guy to my team this year, who is working on this nearly full-time. We are committed to this idea and committed to fixing what we don't get right."

It's good news that Treyarch is taking so much care to listen to community feedback, with Vohn adding that Black Ops has "features that require more post-launch support than ever before." Gamers won't be left in the lurch.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch Listening to Community! (Blame Truth)   Treyarch Listening to Community! (Blame Truth) Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:48 pm

crapgamer wrote:
World at War's weapons were too difficult for new players
lol! lol! lol! No, they just sucked... Everyone was just too busy with an MP40 stuck up their ass

Last edited by ChaosRazgriz on Tue May 18, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
V8_JuIcE

Number of posts : 626
PSN : V8_Juice-
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch Listening to Community! (Blame Truth)   Treyarch Listening to Community! (Blame Truth) Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:15 pm

True that raz, the weapons were balanced except for the mp40, the mp40 was a super gun and everything else just didn't compare
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch Listening to Community! (Blame Truth)   Treyarch Listening to Community! (Blame Truth) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Treyarch Listening to Community! (Blame Truth)
Page 1 of 1