{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game developer Insomniac embraces the Xbox 360

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Game developer Insomniac embraces the Xbox 360 Empty
PostSubject: Game developer Insomniac embraces the Xbox 360   Game developer Insomniac embraces the Xbox 360 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:39 am

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=248026

nsomniac embraces Xbox 360
Tuesday 25-May-2010 3:59 PM Ex-PlayStation-only developer goes multiplatform with EA

Insomniac Games has signed a deal with EA Partners to create a franchise for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Very few details are known about the title, but it represents the first time in Insomniac's 16-year history that it will create a game for any other system than PlayStation.

The game will involve a 'brand new universe' from Insomniac, best known for creating Sony-published titles Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet & Clank and Resistance.

The still-unnamed game is in production at the company's Burbank studio. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

"Working with EA Partners allows us to extend the reach of our games to a multiplatform audience while retaining ownership of the intellectual property," said Ted Price, founder and CEO of Insomniac Games.

"We are excited and eager to introduce Insomniac to a new group of gamers while reinforcing to our loyal fans what makes our games special."

"This is an exciting day for all of us at EA Partners and for gamers everywhere," said David DeMartini, senior vice president and general manager of EA Partners.

"Insomniac is renowned for their commitment to quality and their ability to create unique, exciting worlds for gamers to explore. We look forward to help them bring their next blockbuster franchise to the millions of diehard Insomniac fans on PlayStation and the soon to be millions of diehard Insomniac fans on Xbox 360."

A release window for the game was not announced.

The deal comes just a month after Halo developer Bungie signed a ten-year multiplatform deal with Activision. Like Insomniac, the Washington dev was previously a single-platform developer - on Microsoft's Xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Game developer Insomniac embraces the Xbox 360   Game developer Insomniac embraces the Xbox 360 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:40 am

I played resistance one it was terrible. Like a waw/halo combo.....thats the dumbest thing i've ever seen :/
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Game developer Insomniac embraces the Xbox 360   Game developer Insomniac embraces the Xbox 360 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:44 am

Ya, I didn't like it either. It's not like that game is coming to the 360, just a new ip.
I think it's the beginning of the end of 3rd party exclusives though, I mean companies are in the business to get their product out to the most people and make the most money, so exclusive games just doesn't make sense.
If you look at what EA is doing, it's creating a Monopoly of game developers as well. I mean Insomniac, Respawn (Formerly IW), Bioware.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
fusion

Number of posts : 2621
Gamertag : Chocolate Meoww
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Game developer Insomniac embraces the Xbox 360   Game developer Insomniac embraces the Xbox 360 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:09 am

hated the online for resistance 2, loved the campaign though. i thought it was interesting how they did the historical/sci fi approach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game developer Insomniac embraces the Xbox 360   Game developer Insomniac embraces the Xbox 360 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game developer Insomniac embraces the Xbox 360
Page 1 of 1