{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule

Go down 
+2
SMOKEDAWG
crapgamer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule   Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:36 am

In yet another NFL move that has people scratching their heads, at least around Baltimore is the Fifth Seeded Ravens will travel to Pittsburgh to face the Second Seeded Steelers on Saturday at 4:30.

This gives the Ravens five days of the rest.

The Sixth seeded New York Jets will travel to face the number one seed New England Patriots to play on Sunday at 4:30.

This gives the Jets a full seven days rest.

Wouldn’t it have been a more equitable move to give both Wild Card teams equal rest and simply switch the gameday? That would make sense and keep things fair and equal among the teams.

I’d love to hear the reasoning for this one.

Ravens have gotten the short end of the schedule stick this year all year anyway. Starting the season At Jets, Bengals, Steelers, Patriots, Falcons ect... Ravens were the only NFL team to face back to back teams coming off a bye week and also played a Sunday Night game and were forced to play Thursday night that same week.
Also, Ravens the only team that hasn't had a "Home" Monday Night Football game in the last four years.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
SMOKEDAWG

SMOKEDAWG

Number of posts : 2253
PSN : SMOKEDAWG1994
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule   Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Why the heck do u complain about that
that is stupid
i mean i understand the amount of days for rest but u only need a good 2 days to be good and ready to practice again at least for me it is
Back to top Go down
MoH Frenzii

MoH Frenzii

Number of posts : 420
Gamertag : MoH Frenzii
PSN : mayhem300
Registration date : 2010-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule   Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:43 pm

jets are going to win any way.
Back to top Go down
Shotty

Shotty

Number of posts : 1230
Gamertag : SevereSh0tD0wN
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule   Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:00 pm

{MOH}ṂΛῩḤΣṂ wrote:
jets are going to win any way.

So you're a Jets fan or a Ravens fan?
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule   Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:04 pm

SMOKEDAWG wrote:
that is stupid
i mean i understand the amount of days for rest but u only need a good 2 days to be good and ready to practice again at least for me it is

This is the NFL, you study film and practice for your opponent, I don't think it's fair the Steelers come off two weeks rest while the Ravens come off five days. It should have been a full week, if you play on Sunday you should play the next Sunday, not Saturday.

Also, maybe your not familiar with Ravens Vs Steelers, but these are the most physical and demanding matchups in all the NFL. Ravens got screwed a lot with the schedules this year, makes me think the league realized this and threw the NFC West at them on the schedule next year.
Back to top Go down
Shotty

Shotty

Number of posts : 1230
Gamertag : SevereSh0tD0wN
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule   Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:46 pm

crapgamer wrote:
SMOKEDAWG wrote:
that is stupid

This is the NFL, you study film and practice for your opponent, I don't think it's fair the Steelers come off two weeks rest while the Ravens come off five days. It should have been a full week, if you play on Sunday you should play the next Sunday, not Saturday.

Also, maybe your not familiar with Ravens Vs Steelers, but these are the most physical and demanding matchups in all the NFL. Ravens got screwed a lot with the schedules this year, makes me think the league realized this and threw the NFC West at them on the schedule next year.

Eagles get the NFC West next year too. Here's hoping they don't magically improve through the draft!
Back to top Go down
Poison

Poison

Number of posts : 341
PSN : Venenum-
Registration date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule   Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Oh no! What will we do when the Seahawks or Rams will be able to pull off an 8-8 record?!?!
Back to top Go down
MoH Grave

MoH Grave

Number of posts : 1594
Gamertag : Moh Grave
PSN : swbf2
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule   Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:17 am

thats a motha fugen slappin
Back to top Go down
SMOKEDAWG

SMOKEDAWG

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule   Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:27 pm

crapgamer wrote:
SMOKEDAWG wrote:
that is stupid

we do that for highschool we have a whole class dedicated for that and a pre practice lol
also i can see but that one day advance wont make too big a difference
cuz on steelers first day after game they most likely were watching too see who would win out of the teams so its not like they already knew ravens were going to be played next
alsothe best teams usually get the hardest schedules dont they?
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule   Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:40 pm

It just bothers me a bit that my team tends to get crap schedules and never catch a break.
There going to win anyway, but I know it's going to be physical and then having to turn around and play again in six days for the AFC Championship is going to be really tough.

Two years ago when they made it to the AFC Championship against the Steelers the Ravens had to play a record 17 straight weeks. They ended up having to take a bye week the 2nd week of the season due to the Texans stadium being damaged in a Hurricane, which means they played from week three all the way up to the AFC Championship game without a break, which is now the NFL record for consecutive weeks played without a bye.
Back to top Go down
SMOKEDAWG

SMOKEDAWG

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule   Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:09 pm

crapgamer wrote:
It just bothers me a bit that my team tends to get crap schedules and never catch a break.
There going to win anyway, but I know it's going to be physical and then having to turn around and play again in six days for the AFC Championship is going to be really tough.

Two years ago when they made it to the AFC Championship against the Steelers the Ravens had to play a record 17 straight weeks. They ended up having to take a bye week the 2nd week of the season due to the Texans stadium being damaged in a Hurricane, which means they played from week three all the way up to the AFC Championship game without a break, which is now the NFL record for consecutive weeks played without a bye.

i understand what u say some of the best teams have player arrested and get suspended
but some low teams its like it doesnt matter its quite stupida though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule   Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ravens Get Short End of Playoff Schedule
Page 1 of 1