{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.

Go down 
+4
STARWARSKID93
crapgamer
IceCreamMan
HellHammer
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HellHammer

HellHammer

Number of posts : 816
Gamertag : XX_HellHammer
PSN : XX_HellHamer
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Empty
PostSubject: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Also so people can stop thinking I like StUfF that I clearly don't, heres a good list of music to base what my musical tastes are, and what I play musically myself:

Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : I x C x M
PSN : IxCxM

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:31 am

My name is HELLHAMMA AND I LIKE METALLICA.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 5:10 am

Some of that is REALLY, REALLY bad.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
HellHammer

HellHammer

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:03 am

lol, all of that music is good, and furthermore it requires the most skill to write and perform, not everyone will find it appealing, and thats all fine and good, but when it comes down to it, its still all 1000x better than rap and pop, and IMO, 1000x better than a good majority of the new "rock" now days, this is the anti-rap, the anti-bullshit music, with the most skill behind it.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:15 am

We'll have to agree to disagree. that death metal stuff sounds awful, no lie. It really sounds bad. I don't care if it's technically solid the way they play it, sounds like crap to me. I mean Ozzy is cool, Metallica and Megadeth are solid but that other stuff is terrible.

I'm not sure what you consider "new Rock" but bands like 3 Doors Down, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, 12 Stones, Seether, Chevelle are all solid IMHO.
Back to top Go down
HellHammer

HellHammer

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:22 am

3 doors downs music all sounds the same, and I hate to say it, honestly, despite liking the others to a point, no band has any kind of difference in their sound, its all downtuned, 1-finger powerchords up and down the neck for the same old boring and bland music, essentially, no one knows how to add melody to the rythm with lead work anymore, not in rock bands anymore, because any 2-bit person can pickup a guitar and play the likes of any of those bands in ~2 months practice.

to appreciate Death metal and the more extreme genres you have to be able to appreciate Classical music, a lot of the basis of it musically is the same as what classical music would've been had the same technology been available at the time, the vocals aren't for everyone definitely, but you have to admit in order to keep vocals like that up through an entire song, much less through a 1-2 hour set list is very hard to do, and it takes a lot of vocal coaching and practice to do it right without ripping your vocals out completely.

To my ears, I hear 3 doors down and bands like them, and all the music sounds the same to me, I have a hard time telling one song from the next, where as with all these bands I can hear the first few seconds and tell instantly, and everything sounds different, theres complex mix of instruments.
Back to top Go down
STARWARSKID93

STARWARSKID93

Number of posts : 3676

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:48 am

I like this

&

&

&

&

&
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.tk
HellHammer

HellHammer

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:34 pm

yeah, all of that is StUfF that takes no skill or musical talent, swk.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:55 pm

SWK, you realize your actually white right?
Back to top Go down
HellHammer

HellHammer

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:15 pm

Cause honestly when I said crap, I really went rap.
Back to top Go down
asap

Number of posts : 1271
Gamertag : Cod Division

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Real rock music does take a lot more skill to perform than rap simply because it takes manual play of instruments and not jungly bunny recorded sounds.

BUT, the music that takes the most skill, intelligence and determination to make is Classical music. Pure geniouses are the only people who can write true classical music. Mozart learned english in about 2 weeks. That's the kind of intelligence it requires.
Back to top Go down
HellHammer

HellHammer

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:26 pm

I agree asap, thats why I listen to a lot of the Metal I do today, a lot of it is very classical music inspired and wrote in much the same way, and many of the musicians are classically trained, IE, Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom started out playing Violin when he was 7.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:27 pm

People have written classical music with no musical theory whatsoever. You can make classical music on the Wii....lol
Back to top Go down
HellHammer

HellHammer

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:38 pm

No, you need very strict music theory for classical music. It's blues, jazz, etc that doesn't require strict music theory.
Back to top Go down
HellHammer

HellHammer

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:39 pm

Complexity
Performance of classical music repertoire often demands a significant level of technical mastery on the part of the musician; proficiency in sight-reading and ensemble playing, thorough understanding of tonal and harmonic principles, knowledge of performance practice, and a familiarity with the style/musical idiom inherent to a given period, composer or musical work are among the most essential of skills for the classically trained musician.
Works of classical repertoire often exhibit artistic complexity through the use of thematic development, phrasing, harmonization, modulation (change of key), texture, and, of course, musical form itself. Larger-scale compositional forms (such as that of the symphony, concerto, opera or oratorio, for example) usually represent a hierarchy of smaller units consisting of phrases, periods, sections, and movements. Musical analysis of a composition aims at achieving greater understanding of it, leading to more meaningful hearing and a greater appreciation of the composer's style.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:43 pm

Not to say I told you so, but Paul McCartney's Standing Stone was a critical success and he knows no music theory and cant even read and or write any music notes whatsoever.

Back to top Go down
HellHammer

HellHammer

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:52 pm

lol just because he didn't learn it traditionally doesn't mean he doesn't know it.

Theory is A LOT more than just reading notes, thats just sheet music, anyone can learn it and not know a damn thing about music, theory is what sounds good together, composition, etc, and that has to be learned, it can be taught via school or years of practice (like paul mccartney did), its something that iwll come naturally in time, but he clearly knows some theory, if he knows ANY of the notes in music (F, E, A, D, G, B. C) then he knows some theory, its very rare for someone whos musically inclined to not atleast know SOME theory, especially if they play an instrument.

I claim I don't know music theory because I can't technically read or write music, but I still know theory, I still know the notes, I still know the scales, the chords, etc, its all just a way to show off and seem better than you actually are.
Back to top Go down
wingzero

wingzero

Number of posts : 708

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:06 pm

this maybe off topic, but i need help with music, i hear music, i like it, but i cant play it on my flute, i believe its called ear tone or something where u can hear n then play it in time, ive been doing that to a lot of anime music n i can barely get it after a month or two, now ive been with the some post hardcore music, n its a lot harder, im mainly aiming for vocals, i doubt i can play any kind of scream vocal to my flute, i ll scream it myself but i need help trying to get notes for harder music, any tips?
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:26 pm

Your "tone Deaf" It's a common problem, it just means your going to need to practice a lot more then most people. I would practice a note at a time. Then piece it all together.
Back to top Go down
HellHammer

HellHammer

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:31 pm

It's really just building your ear to recognize notes and pitches, it just comes with practice, I'd recommend buying a cheap metronome to keep time with and just practicing, look up notes online and learn them, play them yourself or download sound clips of them, try to get it so you can hear the note and recognize what note it is, and the tone and pitch,, some people can do it, some people can't, its really not something everyone can learn.

I play entirely by ear and by the classical theory I know, and I do great, but others might require more theory and take a less hearing inclined method, and apply more theory to get a good sound. What cg said is correct, its whats considered tone deaf, sometimes you can train yourself to hearing better, others times not, it'll take a lot more practice, which is why if you can't get it down by listening to the notes, etc, like I suggested within a month or two I'd learn more theory and apply that, so that way you can still compose things that sound good together just by basic knowledge of "tihs note goes with that note" or this is such and such scale in a certain key, etc.
Back to top Go down
wingzero

wingzero

Number of posts : 708

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:57 pm

alright thanks
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:05 pm

you need to come to my school they'll Crud you in the ear until you can do that haha.

Don't forget dat dream theatre hellhammer =]

Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:14 pm

And if you wanna see technicality listen to this.

Also these songs here, Hellhammer you should start a band with this kid, to bad he lives in toronto

Listen to the kicks at 3:37^^^

This one has the music synced to it its AMAZING.

Back to top Go down
Raptor_696

Raptor_696

Number of posts : 66
PSN : RaPT0R_696
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 3:09 am

As Blood Runs Black is beast
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 6:51 am

w01fsk7aag wrote:
you need to come to my school they'll Crud you in the ear until you can do that haha.

Don't forget dat dream theatre hellhammer =]

Dude while technically proficient, Dream Theater lacks soul. They are like statues up there. I cant get next to anything they do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.   Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some good music, for those of you who like all the crap.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next