{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So, Sony is screwed. LOL

Go down 
+6
Hyphy
MoH Frenzii
fusion
IceCreamMan
crapgamer
HellHammer
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HellHammer

HellHammer

Number of posts : 816
Gamertag : XX_HellHammer
PSN : XX_HellHamer
Registration date : 2009-01-26

So, Sony is screwed. LOL Empty
PostSubject: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:43 am

After the leak of the encryption key, MW2 and COD4 are virtually unplayable due to hackers, and its only a matter of time until Black Ops poor security system gets broken and thats affected as well, also any new games that are coming out this year for PS3 will end up HEAVILY pirated, not to mention even more hacks thanks to the lapse of Sony using poor security and trick-doors to prevent StUfF.

Honestly it's to be expected though, the encryption key was only broken for the purpose of being able to install Linux/Other operating systems on it, and then was abused, because honestly people can say all they want, but Sony was being dicks to begin with, the system dropped with a $600 price tag and touted by Sony to be a Computer Entertainment System (which was also a work-around to keep the price slightly lower, by marketing as a Computer the taxes on it were a bit lower at the time), and promised it to be an all-around machine that can do EVERYTHING even replace your desktop PC, and considering that the Cell processor is very powerful a lot of people found uses for it aside from being a gaming machine, but thanks to them being so scared of piracy because possible exploits in the OtherOS feature, they decided to put on the tin-foil hats and remove a major feature they touted. The irony of it all is that very move caused the most piracy on the system by making people WANT to hack it, so them doing that coupled with VERY poor protection in the first place has got them where they are now.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:21 am

I Was reading that Activision said they cant even patch it, since it's Sony's machine and not their coding from the game that is corrupted now.

I did read if you record someone cheating and send it in to Sony they will ban them, supposedly they are going to perma ban consoles, but I think it'll be hard for them to do since they lack any type of control over their online service.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : I x C x M
PSN : IxCxM

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:01 am

Lol pretty much. I have seen that PS3 already has pretige hacks and such for Black Ops. Essentially the same as a 10th lobby on MW2. Glad I don't play on that anymore!
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:03 am

Could be the downfall of the PS3 honestly, unless Sony sets up a way for everyone to send in their old games and have them replaced with new ones that have new code. It wont just be the COD games either, EVERY game is going to be affected.
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:09 am

Guess its time to boot up my PS3 and start pirating! HOO RAAAAH!
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:12 am

Knowing your luck, you'd get caught and perma banned...lol Also what if they took your trophies? You'd have no way of proving you achieved anything...especially since you got all your gamerscore rest already..lmao
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:16 am

Lol. I honestly don't care about trophies. Gamerscore has irked me. EFF YOU CG EFF YOU
Go take a CrapNap!
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:18 am

My B!
Back to top Go down
HellHammer

HellHammer

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:54 am

They can't ban the consoles, thats the thing, only the PSN names, Sony has NO way to ban consoles, especially not once its hacked. Thats the problem.
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:06 pm

PS3=What to buy if you want instant access to the newest games free!
Sony's new slogan, HOOO RAAAH!
Back to top Go down
fusion

Number of posts : 2621
Gamertag : Chocolate Meoww

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:39 pm

inb4 butthurt ps3 members
Back to top Go down
MoH Frenzii

MoH Frenzii

Number of posts : 420
Gamertag : MoH Frenzii
PSN : mayhem300
Registration date : 2010-07-12

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Then they should get allstate to protect form mayhem that will mean i'm moving to xbox
Back to top Go down
Hyphy

Hyphy

Number of posts : 664
Gamertag : Hyphay
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:01 pm

Mayhem300 wrote:
...i'm moving to xbox

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Back to top Go down
{Delta}

{Delta}

Number of posts : 367
Gamertag : xDelta248x
PSN : Da-Delta
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:06 pm

Not gonna argue with free games I guess. Although I'm no hacker.
Back to top Go down
fusion

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:04 pm

{Delta} wrote:

now your thinking like a real ICM! Wink

anyways, your half right. at first itll be nice, but in the future, no developer is going to want to develop for the ps3, because they wouldnt make any profit over it. sony better fix this fast or they are sunk
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:05 am

{Delta} wrote:

It's not just free games, people are unlocking all trophies and are able to do hacks like drive the cars around on MW2 ect.... It pretty much ruins any online game.
Back to top Go down
{Delta}

{Delta}

Number of posts : 367
Gamertag : xDelta248x
PSN : Da-Delta
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:36 am

Meh, oh well. If kids really wanna be stupid they can. Haven't gotten BO yet. If they do, GBs don't change.
Back to top Go down
fusion

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:26 am

{Delta} wrote:
Meh, oh well. If kids really wanna be stupid they can. Haven't gotten BO yet. If they do, GBs don't change.

i hope your not saying this just to support the PS3 any way possible... because if this continues, GBs will have so many different hoops youll have to jump through. just like the MW2 10th prestige and wallhacks.
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:33 am

Driving cars in MW2!? SWEET! TO PS3!
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:34 am

Ya, on the 360 you had to be in a party chat with the other team and watch them all dashboard to the main menu. It was either that or each member on your team had to invite a different member on the other team to a Spec Ops lobby to make sure all hacks were not enabled.

The main problem with even doing that on PS3 is Jailbroken consoles don't disable hacks when you go to the main menu. I read an article today and I'll post it up in a bit but Activision is considering shutting down PS3 servers for COD games.

This is a very serious issue at the moment on PS3 and I'd be a bit worried about it honestly, cheaters and hackers ruin gaming for the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:36 am

Would this be a bad time to say my PS3 is jailbroken?
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:47 am

Seriously?
Back to top Go down
HellHammer

HellHammer

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:17 am

Not argue with free games when the companies aren't gooing to make hardly any cash since this is literally a ~5 minute thing to jailbreak, and Sony's going down as fast as the titanic because of it? lol
Back to top Go down
STARWARSKID93

STARWARSKID93

Number of posts : 3676

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:36 pm

And this is why 360 is the better console.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.tk
MoH Frenzii

MoH Frenzii

Number of posts : 420
Gamertag : MoH Frenzii
PSN : mayhem300
Registration date : 2010-07-12

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:36 pm

Hyphy wrote:
Mayhem300 wrote:
...i'm moving to xbox

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

yes i am
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, Sony is screwed. LOL   So, Sony is screwed. LOL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, Sony is screwed. LOL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next