{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gears of War 3 Beta is online now!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HellHammer

HellHammer

Number of posts : 816
Gamertag : XX_HellHammer
PSN : XX_HellHamer
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Gears of War 3 Beta is online now! Empty
PostSubject: Gears of War 3 Beta is online now!   Gears of War 3 Beta is online now! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:46 am

Beta is online now, downloading it right now, its 506MB I believe, I'll post back up after I get it downloaded what I think of it.
Back to top Go down
HellHammer

HellHammer

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta is online now!   Gears of War 3 Beta is online now! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:43 am

Well so far after 10 maps:

Pros:
Faster and more fluent gameplay.
The automatic rifles seem to actually work now.

Cons:
A lot more "n00b" weapons, still the same BS of some people getting 1-hit kills (seems even more prevalent now)
Seems like people are more prone to be cheap than use skill. Seems like everyone is host now.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta is online now!   Gears of War 3 Beta is online now! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:12 am

Well you realize the shotgun in Gears 2 is actually supposed to work that way? THe lag and host advantage totally messed that game up. I will be glad to finally be able to get my share of kills in with this!
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
HellHammer

HellHammer

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta is online now!   Gears of War 3 Beta is online now! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:25 am

Theres no way its suppose to work this way, its in-excusable, it totally renders the game almost unplayable because really its just whoever runs up and hits you first, no skill just who fires first, in fact the shotgun on gears 2 is suppose to work like when you're NOT host, that was the host advantage/glitch in the first place, the cheap easy kills. (though after disconnecting and reconnecting it seems to be a lot better, so now it runs pretty well, still some BS kills here and there though)

Fortunately the Lancer works amazingly well and you can mow down 2-3 people at a time coming at you with shotguns.

The retro lancer is a bit of a bitch, its overtly powerful but very hard to use (lot of kick back, you gotta burst fire it and it takes forever to reload it, even if you active reload it)

I like the game, the Thrashball course is the best one by far (its more or less the shipment/nuketown/etc map of Gears 3) its tiny, fast paced, and works well.

The incendiary grenades are a nice touch - I also like the fact that now before you spawn in theres a map that shows you where the grenades and power weps are located at, I don't see as many people spamming power weapons as the default weapons work just fine really if you're good.

One thing that increased my skil lwas bumping up the controller sensitivity a few times, I started getting more kills and going even/positive more right after that, so you might wanna mess with that before anything else, because speed = everything on this one.

Honestly besides a few complaints, its awesome, its not boring like the old gears games, and not as frustrating either since you can spawn in multiple times, theres none of that "oh look at the guy try and hide" bullshit, unless one of the teams has run out of reinforcements that is.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta is online now!   Gears of War 3 Beta is online now! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:29 am

I have to disagree with the saw off shotgun, I think it's tough to use and really limits what you can do. Thrashball map is AMAZING!

The lancer is the best weapon in the game, as it really should be. You see people try to rush you with the shotgun but the lancer cuts right through them.

A little piece of advice, don't go into the beta playing it like it's Gears 2, I tried that and did terribly. When I switched up my tactics it was much easier, I use the lancer 90% of the time and only switch to the regular Shotgun in close quarters.

In 8 TDM matches I got close to 75 assists, 30 downs and only like 20 kills. People take your kills super fast, so get used to that.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
MoH Grave

MoH Grave

Number of posts : 1594
Gamertag : Moh Grave
PSN : swbf2

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta is online now!   Gears of War 3 Beta is online now! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:45 am

U lucky fucks
Back to top Go down
HellHammer

HellHammer

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta is online now!   Gears of War 3 Beta is online now! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 12:05 pm

I went int othe beta like it was unreal and did better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta is online now!   Gears of War 3 Beta is online now! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gears of War 3 Beta is online now!
Page 1 of 1