{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How bout them Rays?!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

How bout them Rays?! Empty
PostSubject: How bout them Rays?!   How bout them Rays?! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:05 am

I don't really follow baseball too often, but the Red Sox had one of the worst failures in baseball history.The Sox and Rays came into last night tied for the last playoff spot, so on the final game of the regular season the Rays were down to the Yankees 7-0 and came back to win 8-7 in 12 innings. The Red Sox were up on the Orioles in the bottom of the ninth with two outs and two strikes and the Orioles hit a home run to win it and knock the Red Sox out of the playoff spot.

I'd also like to point out that I'm a Orioles fan but I also like the Rays, mostly because they win with one of the lowest team salaries in MLB. This past off-season the Rays lost their TOP 8 salaried players and they still got the Wild Card this year, now that is coaching IMHO. Anyone can and should win with two hundred million in player salaries.

Tampa Bay Rays: Salary rank 29th out of 30 teams
Team pay roll $ 41,053,571
Average player salary $ 1,578,983

In comparison:
New York Yankees: Salary rank 1st out of 30 teams
Team pay roll $ 202,689,028
Average player salary $ 6,756,300

Philadelphia Phillies: Salary rank 2nd out of 30 teams
Team pay roll $ 172,976,379
Average player salary $ 5,765,879

This is why baseball sickens me, there needs to be a salary cap, I wonder what teams like the Yankees, Red Sox and Phillies would do with a cap? Probably get smacked.

Go Rays!
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com

How bout them Rays?!
Page 1 of 1