{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3? Empty
PostSubject: Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3?   Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:38 pm

http://oxcgn.com/2012/04/01/is-this-definitive-proof-of-star-wars-battlefront-3/

It’s been six and a half long years since the release of Star Wars: Battlefront II.

I vividly recall how the box easily boasted that it was “the sequel to the best-selling Star Wars game of all time!”

Anyone and everyone who played it easily expected a third installment, inevitably a year later as II showed.

Nearly seven years later we know just about as much now as we did then. Through a long and troubled development, much of which is not common knowledge, Battlefront III has been in peril more than a few times.

Today, though, we have as close to definitive proof of the game as it’s going to get.

A brief recap
Last year, I wrote an in-depth article featuring all known information about Battlefront III up to that point. You can check that out here.

To sum it all up, the game has changed hands of developers more times than you can count. The most disappointing part is the public can only verify parts of it, so we may never know the entire truth of the tale.

In the past several months, it was discovered that developer Spark Unlimited was hiring for a “AAA third person sci-fi title” among many other descriptive terms, which to many was a dead giveaway of it being Battlefront III. Of course, there was no way to confirm its identity.

The pangs of all Battlefront fans have been felt, and there was seemingly no way for us to breathe a sigh of relief.

The usual suspects
Where our story really picks up, though, is from Spark themselves. As of late, they have been tweeting ambiguous things, especially in regard to the game itself.

The most recent development comes in the form of this year’s Game Developer’s Conference. Spark were going about town with a publisher who was not to be named, but sources confirmed that it was LucasArts.

The Spark developers apparently had dinner with the publisher, and partied at a LucasArts-themed Infusion Lounge. A series of Tweets (shown in the image gallery below) confirm this.

The Tweets are also very close in proximity to the LucasArts headquarters.

Verdict?
I don’t know about you, but if this isn’t definitive proof of Battlefront III, I don’t know what is.

Spark Unlimited are known for titles such as… Turning Point: Fall of Liberty.

Well, LucasArts wouldn’t give the Battlefront name – or the Star Wars name, for that matter – to a developer they couldn’t trust.

E3 2012 will undoubtedly lead to long-awaited information about the game
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3?   Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:06 pm

what the Crud? a developer associating with a publisher is definitive proof?
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3?   Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:30 pm

I am 99% sure that Spark Unlimited is working on SWBF3. I think we'll hear about it this E3, now who knows if it'll be good or not?
Back to top Go down
MoH Grave

MoH Grave

Number of posts : 1594
Gamertag : Moh Grave
PSN : swbf2

PostSubject: Re: Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3?   Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:29 pm

Sweet cant wait for this StUfF to come back so we can once again dominate
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3?   Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:33 pm

Ya, I guess Hellhammer will have to suffice at Rocket.
Back to top Go down
Hateinaboxx
Captain Grade I
Captain Grade I
Hateinaboxx

Number of posts : 638
Gamertag : Hateinaboxx

PostSubject: Re: Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3?   Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:45 pm

it would be nice if the would make a battlefront 3 will it be for the 360 tho? and not just ps3 but for both
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3?   Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:49 pm

Of course it'd be on 360. SWBF 1 and 2 were both on the original Xbox, in fact it didn't lag and you didn't need to rent servers on that version, plus it imported maps from the first game into the second game, had DLC Jedi's and it offered more maps for Jedi Assault as well.
Back to top Go down
Hateinaboxx
Captain Grade I
Captain Grade I
Hateinaboxx

Number of posts : 638
Gamertag : Hateinaboxx

PostSubject: Re: Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3?   Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:27 pm

crapgamer wrote:
Of course it'd be on 360. SWBF 1 and 2 were both on the original Xbox, in fact it didn't lag and you didn't need to rent servers on that version, plus it imported maps from the first game into the second game, had DLC Jedi's and it offered more maps for Jedi Assault as well.
see i did not know that i only thought they were on ps2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3?   Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is This Definitive Proof of Star Wars: Battlefront 3?
Page 1 of 1