{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PlayStation 4 announced

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PlayStation 4 announced Empty
PostSubject: PlayStation 4 announced   PlayStation 4 announced Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:47 pm

The specs are actually pretty good.
8 cores
8 gigs of DDR5 memory

They didn't actually show the new console, just gave some tech demo's and the only game they showed off actually playing on the console was the new Killzone, which looked like it obviously was being made for the PS3 and they switched development, it looked good, but not nearly as good as the tech demo's indicated.

It isn't backwards compatible and your PSN games don't transfer over and neither do your save files.
No release date, price or console were shown. Although they said it would be available this holiday.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
fusion

Number of posts : 2621
Gamertag : Chocolate Meoww
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4 announced   PlayStation 4 announced Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:56 pm

Only one thing really impressed me. Well, not actually impressed, but more actually a reason why I'd potentially buy it over the xbox 720, and that is the fact that Sony says they won't ban/fight against the used game market.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4 announced   PlayStation 4 announced Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:06 pm

fusion wrote:
Only one thing really impressed me. Well, not actually impressed, but more actually a reason why I'd potentially buy it over the xbox 720, and that is the fact that Sony says they won't ban/fight against the used game market.

Actually....http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/think-the-ps4-wil-be-best-friends-with-used-games-not-so-fast

Also, I wouldn't buy into rumors that Microsoft will block used games, that doesn't make sense. Microsoft wouldn't want people to go into a used game store and see only Nintendo and Sony products. Microsoft is smart, they wont give up market share that easily.

I actually suspect that Sony will have a code in every new game, and you'll have to enter that code to play the game. Sure you'll be able to buy used, but to get that used game to work on your console you'll probably have to spend $10 on an activation code.

No backwards compatibility is a killer for me as well.
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4 announced   PlayStation 4 announced Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:55 pm

a bunch of the on release games are backwards compatible tho

this video pretty much sums it up.

Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4 announced   PlayStation 4 announced Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Actually no games that come to the PS3 are going to be playable on the PS4.

Diablo 3 is coming to two separate platforms, the PS3 and the PS4. Two different disks for two different consoles.

Same with Destiny, there is going to be a PS3 version, totally separate PS4 version. Same with the Xbox 360 and 720 versions.

Even the digital games that you've purchased on PS3 aren't transferable.
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4 announced   PlayStation 4 announced Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 pm

oh i didnt realize they were talking about 1 disk who gives a StUfF about that lol as long as theres a version on each.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4 announced   PlayStation 4 announced Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 4 announced
Page 1 of 1