{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favre to require Ankle Surgery to play in 2010

Go down 
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Favre to require Ankle Surgery to play in 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Favre to require Ankle Surgery to play in 2010   Favre to require Ankle Surgery to play in 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:18 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5150940

season for the Minnesota Vikings, and the quarterback is deliberating whether to have the procedure or simply to end his 19-year NFL career by retiring.

Favre, who would turn 41 during the 2010 season, told ESPN the ankle injury that he suffered three months ago in the NFC Championship Game against the New Orleans Saints continues to be swollen and painful.

That prompted tests to determine why healing had not occurred and Favre sent the results of those scans to orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews, who told the quarterback his opinion that surgery is unavoidable.

"We have spoken,'' Favre said in an e-mail. "To play again, I would need the surgery, as I suspected. This decision would be easy if not for my teammates and the fans and the entire Vikings staff. One year truly felt like 10 -- much like Green Bay for many years. That's what I was missing in my heart I suppose, a sense of belonging.''

Favre said he must determine whether his affection for the Vikings and his belief they are capable of winning the Super Bowl overrides his disdain for surgery.

Favre would not reveal the exact diagnosis or the prognosis on how long it would take to recover from the surgery.

While it previously seemed Favre was almost certain to return to the Vikings, his comments Friday reveal a player who appears to be seriously conflicted.

Favre was in a similar position last offseason, when Andrews repaired a partially torn biceps tendon in his throwing shoulder.

Favre eventually decided to play, missing all of training camp before signing a two-year contract with the Vikings worth $25 million.

Favre had the best statistical season of his career and advanced the Vikings to the NFC Championship Game in the Superdome, where he was brutalized by the Saints defense. His final pass of the season was intercepted with the Vikings in scoring position and seemingly poised to win the game.

Instead, Favre's pass for Sidney Rice was intercepted in the final minutes, and the Vikings were defeated in overtime without Favre touching the football.

Favre appeared emotionally devastated after the loss and said it was highly unlikely he would play again. Now his future remains very much in doubt once more.

I would hate to see him go out like that, coming off his best season ever and just short of the SuperBowl. I think he comes back. Ankle Surgery sucks, but it's most likely to clean out some stuff and wont be too invasive, so I am guessing he does it and comes back. I think Favre is just too much of a competitor to not play.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com

Favre to require Ankle Surgery to play in 2010
Page 1 of 1