{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies

Go down 
+2
crapgamer
w01fsk7aag
6 posters
AuthorMessage
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Empty
PostSubject: Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies   Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:32 am

Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies 500x_ps3reddead
PS3^^^

The great thing about multi-platform games is that owners of different consoles get to play the same game. But what about when the game isn't exactly the same?
As it has been pointed out (via website CVG), the Xbox 360 version of cowboy game Red Dead Redemption runs at 720p, while the PS3 version runs at 640p. Meaning? Meaning that the PS3 version of Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption is at a lower resolution. There also was a discrepancy for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Rockstar's last huge game Grand Theft Auto IV. I got the PS3 version of GTAIV — it was fine!

Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies 500x_xbox360reddead
360^^^

Also, here is the SICK looking launch trailer.

Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies   Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:32 am

Ya I saw those too, I was gonna post it but I didn't want to start a flame war or anything.
It's nice to see that the 360 still can kick out games with nicer graphics when they develop on it.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
Shadow_Reaper_666

Number of posts : 197
PSN : Shadow_Reaper_66
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies   Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:57 pm

how are we certain on thoes pics its so easy to put a light darkness on a pic nowadays im not trying to start stuff but i want to wait till i play the game on both sides to determin if its that big of a difference
Back to top Go down
D_E_S_T_I_N_Y___

D_E_S_T_I_N_Y___

Number of posts : 1057
Gamertag : Destiny Zero X
PSN : DeStInY_0, x00x-Raiser-x00x, or DeStInY-ZeRo-X, IlI_Umbreon_wKu, D_E_S_T_I_N_Y___
Registration date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies   Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:10 pm

i just want it! XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies   Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Shadow_Reaper_666 wrote:
how are we certain on thoes pics its so easy to put a light darkness on a pic nowadays im not trying to start stuff but i want to wait till i play the game on both sides to determin if its that big of a difference
It's basically what the FFXIII 360 res was... I think it was 576p or around there... But the only difference I see is that the 360 is heavier on the bloom and the sharpness at a distance is a little lower on the 360's end but better up close, also the PS3's looks a little too dark up front... That might just be the lack of bloom though... They're both looking good though, especially since rockstar doesn't seem to make good PS3 ports at all
Back to top Go down
D_E_S_T_I_N_Y___

D_E_S_T_I_N_Y___

PSN : DeStInY_0, x00x-Raiser-x00x, or DeStInY-ZeRo-X, IlI_Umbreon_wKu, D_E_S_T_I_N_Y___

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies   Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:13 pm

ChaosRazgriz wrote:
Shadow_Reaper_666 wrote:
It's basically what the FFXIII 360 res was... I think it was 576p or around there... But the only difference I see is that the 360 is heavier on the bloom and the sharpness at a distance is a little lower on the 360's end but better up close, also the PS3's looks a little too dark up front... That might just be the lack of bloom though... They're both looking good though, especially since rockstar doesn't seem to make good PS3 ports at all

u know raz when u do this stuff u lose me so bad... >.>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies   Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:32 pm

Well in a nutshell, the 360 bas some brighter lighting and a brighter picture overall, but the sharpness of the picture and color seems to fade in the back whereas the PS3 seems to be the complete opposite... But it's a pretty stupid comparison because it's undeniable that the 360 has a higher quality since it's running at 720p versus the 640p... It's like comparing the 360 version and PS3 version of FFXIII where the PS3 has 720p and is completely uncompressed audio and video versus the 360 at 576p with compressed audio and video... The screenshots may look the same or vary a little, but the higher resolution = higher quality... It also breaks down into FPS and stuff too, but that's another review
Back to top Go down
D_E_S_T_I_N_Y___

D_E_S_T_I_N_Y___

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies   Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:50 pm

ChaosRazgriz wrote:
Well in a nutshell, the 360 bas some brighter lighting and a brighter picture overall, but the sharpness of the picture and color seems to fade in the back whereas the PS3 seems to be the complete opposite... But it's a pretty stupid comparison because it's undeniable that the 360 has a higher quality since it's running at 720p versus the 640p... It's like comparing the 360 version and PS3 version of FFXIII where the PS3 has 720p and is completely uncompressed audio and video versus the 360 at 576p with compressed audio and video... The screenshots may look the same or vary a little, but the higher resolution = higher quality... It also breaks down into FPS and stuff too, but that's another review

....nvm i'll have Yuno explain this to me...it's soooo hard to understand....
Back to top Go down
Snipes

Number of posts : 376
Gamertag : s n i p e s i x
PSN : ijizzledonurgurl

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies   Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:48 pm

schust is beast i have been playing that its a pretty good game
Back to top Go down
D_E_S_T_I_N_Y___

D_E_S_T_I_N_Y___

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies   Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:13 pm

yea i think its good just wish more ppl play free rom
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies   Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:16 pm

DeStInY_0%LaZy^CaT~ wrote:
I guess that's just a PS3 issue, plenty on the 360 side, but then again 75% of the people that bought the game bought it on the 360.
Not a knock, just true sales figures.
Back to top Go down
D_E_S_T_I_N_Y___

D_E_S_T_I_N_Y___

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies   Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:19 pm

crapgamer wrote:
DeStInY_0%LaZy^CaT~ wrote:
I guess that's just a PS3 issue, plenty on the 360 side, but then again 75% of the people that bought the game bought it on the 360.
Not a knock, just true sales figures.

yea i understand, but i can join na full game but go to free rom and like 8 people in there >.>
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : I x C x M
PSN : IxCxM

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies   Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Rockstar sucks at developing on PS3. True Story.
GTAIV did the same thing.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies   Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:10 pm

IceCreamMan wrote:
Rockstar sucks at developing on PS3. True Story.
GTAIV did the same thing.
That's funny too considering it was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive in the first place. The reason Valve (Half Life, Left 4 Dead) doesn't develop on the PS3 is because it's such a pain in the ass to work on.
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : I x C x M
PSN : IxCxM

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies   Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:42 pm

Yeah, screw Sony for making it so complicated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies   Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption Discrepancies
Page 1 of 1