{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For CoD Online

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For  CoD Online Empty
PostSubject: Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For CoD Online   Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For  CoD Online Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:42 pm

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/07/19/bowling-says-you-wont-ever-pay-for-mw2-or-cod-online/?

Rumors have been circulating the Internet regarding Activision eventually charging for their highly-popular multiplayer titles. Now, Infinity Ward’s Creative Strategist Robert Bowling has confirmed that the rumors are false as he has stated that no one will ever pay to play Call of Duty or Modern Warfare 2 online.

Speaking on his Twitter account, Bowling tweeted:

Modern Warfare 2 subscription plan rumors going around. For the record, nobody has to pay to play COD or MW2 multiplayer, nor will they.

Michael Pachter recently discussed that games like Call of Duty, where the multiplayer component shines, should be subscription based for users. Well, looks like that won’t happen now. Ever.

Update:

Looks like this is indeed the same case for Call of Duty: Black Ops, as Treyarch’s community manager just tweeted the following:

No, you will not have to ‘Pay to Play’ #CODBlackOps Multiplayer either. Rumor -> Squashed.

There you have it, then. You won’t be paying to player multiplayer for a Call of Duty game any time soon. Rejoice gamers.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
Shotty

Shotty

Number of posts : 1230
Gamertag : SevereSh0tD0wN
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For CoD Online   Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For  CoD Online Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:49 pm

I already pay 50 bucks a year for it. But I guess hurray for PS3 players!
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For CoD Online   Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For  CoD Online Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:52 pm

No, you don't understand, the rumor was you'd have to pay for it like a MMORPG. Like $15 a month or something.
XBL people pay $50 a year, though honestly you can get a year card off Amazon for $28 these days. Anyway, it wouldn't require XBL gold to play. This is good news for everyone who likes COD games. I think had those fee's went into effect, nobody on a PS3 would pay to play it....lol
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
Shotty

Shotty

Number of posts : 1230
Gamertag : SevereSh0tD0wN
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For CoD Online   Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For  CoD Online Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:02 pm

crapgamer wrote:
No, you don't understand, the rumor was you'd have to pay for it like a MMORPG. Like $15 a month or something.
XBL people pay $50 a year, though honestly you can get a year card off Amazon for $28 these days. Anyway, it wouldn't require XBL gold to play. This is good news for everyone who likes COD games. I think had those fee's went into effect, nobody on a PS3 would pay to play it....lol

Nah, I know what it meant. I'm just saying that COD is the only thing I use my live for, so technically I am paying 50 bucks a year.
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For CoD Online   Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For  CoD Online Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:08 pm

They were more than rumours...And idk the way its worded im just not seeing that 100% you will never pay to play them but whatever
Back to top Go down
HellHammer

HellHammer

Number of posts : 816
Gamertag : XX_HellHammer
PSN : XX_HellHamer
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For CoD Online   Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For  CoD Online Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:04 am

yeah, he pretty much said call of duty, or modern warfare 2 and treyarch said black ops (which is obvious that won't be) but whos to say they don't release modern warfare 3 without the call of duty title slapped on, or whatever else, this isn't 100% yet, and this is from someone from IW, in the end its up to Activision whether or not they want P2P, and they've said they do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For CoD Online   Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For  CoD Online Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bowling Says You Won’t Ever Pay For CoD Online
Page 1 of 1