{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : I x C x M
PSN : IxCxM
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:32 pm

Early this week Bioware announced that the hit title Mass Effect 2, would be released on ps3 in January 2011. This act has obviously angered Microsoft and they have responded to it by stating the sweet simple truth.

Microsoft has responded to today's announcement of Mass Effect 2 coming to PlayStation 3. The game first launched in January 2010 for Xbox 360 and PC, and is now headed to PS3 a year later in January 2011.

"With both Mass Effect titles launching first on Xbox 360 combined with the wealth of available paid downloadable content on Xbox Live today, Xbox 360 remains the best place to experience the Mass Effect franchise," a representative said in a statement given to IGN.

Mass Effect 1, first published by Microsoft in 2007, will remain exclusive to Xbox 360.

"And the original Mass Effect is absolutely an Xbox 360 exclusive, making Xbox 360 the only place to get the full Mass Effect experience," the company added.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1113521p1.html

IMHO this is a silly move by Bioware. They cannot bring over the full franchise so why bother? I certainly wouldn't want to pick up ME2 without experiencing the first. Especially when one of the main elements of the Mass Effect series is your choices, what will the do without having the choices from ME1? Give you the dumb generic choices?
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:02 pm

It will flop on PS3. It's a WRPG, where as JRPG's sell well on PS3 because they tend to slant their items to the Jap Customers and the like. I wouldn't want to jump into God Of War 2 or whatever, or Resistance 3 without playing the first couple. I don't think Bioware wanted to do this, however EA sucks the tit of Sony so bad it's sad. EA bought Bioware and now we get this crap. Honestly, Microsoft was dumb not to buy Bioware, I mean KOTOR, Jade Empire were Original Xbox exclusives and realistically Dragon Age and the like should be as well.

We will see.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:13 pm

*lets keep the page from stretching, lol*

Looks like a false statement to me... But hell, I'm not a fan of Mass Effect... I got this when it was $3 on Steam

Last edited by ChaosRazgriz on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:25 pm

When Microsoft says its a 360 exclusive it is talking about console gaming only. They are never talking about PC.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:25 pm

It's a console exclusive. Also a Windows exclusive because that's what OS is required to play it on P.C.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
fusion

Number of posts : 2621
Gamertag : Chocolate Meoww

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:32 pm

annnd the epic fanboy wars start up again Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:33 pm

IceCreamMan wrote:
When Microsoft says its a 360 exclusive it is talking about console gaming only. They are never talking about PC.
Ahhh, that would make sense... Ehh, doesn't matter to me, I don't like the game but I get it

I guess my point is it's not the only place to play Mass Effect, but it doesn't matter... Play it on whatever you want to play it on

And there's no need for any war, it was my mistake... And of course, all I was basically saying was that the PC has it too... The "war" is over
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:37 pm

No matter what you play it on, it's still giving money to Microsoft, so it's their exclusive.
Back to top Go down
KiLlahCali559

KiLlahCali559

Number of posts : 534
PSN : Oo_iCali559_oO
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:51 pm

yea mass effect 1 wont go on ps3 cus microsoft published it it be nearly immpossible to get it on there but since mass effect 2 waS published by ea or whatever they were able to port it.. oh and btw this is kinda old news lol
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:47 pm

Yeah a week is old.
Back to top Go down
KiLlahCali559

KiLlahCali559

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:13 pm

yea tru tru.. but yea in order to get the full mass effect experience u'd needa 360 no doubt.. i heard me1 is better then the 2nd is that true?
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:17 pm

yeah it is me2 isn't anything new really
Back to top Go down
KiLlahCali559

KiLlahCali559

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:26 pm

oh yea thats what i heard.. thanks then
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:41 am

Eh I like ME2 better honestly...the way it changed the levelup/skill/armor/weap systems. They are both amazing.
Back to top Go down
KiLlahCali559

KiLlahCali559

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:39 am

im just glad i finally get to play a mass effect game lol
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:52 pm

you have a 360 anyway dont you
Back to top Go down
KiLlahCali559

KiLlahCali559

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:56 pm

nuuh uhhh i only got a ps3 Surprised ... i had a 360 but idk i just had to go back to sony ive been wit them since ps1 i cudnt just leave it was too tuff lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.   Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft responds to Mass Effect 2 jumping ship.
Page 1 of 1