{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Modern Warfare 3′s New Kill Confirm Game Mode

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Modern Warfare 3′s New Kill Confirm Game Mode Empty
PostSubject: Modern Warfare 3′s New Kill Confirm Game Mode   Modern Warfare 3′s New Kill Confirm Game Mode Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 10:05 am

Call of Duty is no stranger to mixing things up in the first person shooter genre. Most notably, they changed the multiplayer game forever with the introduction of killstreaks; giving players more motivation to live longer and play smarter. Now, the blockbuster franchise has added yet another innovation to what is probably the most played multiplayer mode in existence, Team Deathmatch. The purpose of Team Deathmatch is simple, rack up a certain amount of kills before the other team to win. As fun as that already is, there are flaws to the gametype. Specifically with those select gamers who’d rather stay in one area for the duration of the match. They’re commonly referred to as “campers” and nobody likes them. What does Sledgehammer Games and Activision do to turn the mode on it’s head and end the reign of campers? Add an objective to the standard Team Deathmatch formula. That’s what the new Kill Confirm game mode does and it’s uncontrollably addicting.

I was able to play the games several times and since Call of Duty XP has ended, I have not been able to get it out of my mind. The new mode is still Team Deathmatch at it’s core, but it’s kicked up a notch thanks to the fact that you have to confirm the kills you earned. Wait, doesn’t killing someone in Call of Duty already confirm the kill?

No, not in this case.

When you gun down an opponent, they leave behind a pair of dog tags. These are the real goal to Kill Confirm. You must collect dog tags to add points to your teams total score. With that variable in the mix, staying in one spot is no longer a viable option and it requires you to go out there and play an active role in the game. It’s not that simple though. If you see a pair of floating dog tags, it’s safe to assume that the opposing team can see it as well. If the enemy player picks up the dog tag of their fallen teammate, then the kill will be denied and you won’t get the point.

This makes the match intense from start to finish. Knowing that taking someone out is only half the battle and you must now make your way across the battlefield to pick up the point for your team. You have to be careful though because if you die on the way, not only will you lose the point, the other team could potentially gain a point from you.

This is the thought process that constantly replays in your head while playing Kill Confirm. The best part about this mode is that it forces everyone to change how they would normally play the game. For example, being the teams best sniper does not benefit you in this mode at all. Sure, you’re taking down enemies left and right from long range. What good does that do though? You’re not going to be able to run over and get the dog tags in time. In fact, the enemy will probably spawn and get there before you do.

This mode is fast paced, aggressive, nerve racking, and you’re going to love every second of it. During my time with the mode, I also noticed that my selection of kilstreaks changed as well. Of course I would have loved to use the new Reaper Missile Killstreak or the remote controlled turret, but those wouldn’t benefit me that much. I chose to go with the support load out and choose the UAV, Counter UAV, and the Advanced UAV (essentially the Blackbird from Black Ops). The benefit to the support load out is that killstreaks aren’t reset after if you get taken down, so I was able to provide my team with a constant surveillance of the field.

There really is nothing bad to say about this mode. When Modern Warfare 3 ships on November 8th, you’ll know where to find me.

Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Modern Warfare 3′s New Kill Confirm Game Mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3′s New Kill Confirm Game Mode   Modern Warfare 3′s New Kill Confirm Game Mode Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 11:29 am

thats fidgeting awesome.

you could have snipers pick people off and runners go and pick up their tags.
Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 3′s New Kill Confirm Game Mode
Page 1 of 1