{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls   Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:50 am

Microsoft is currently testing a modified version of Internet Explorer 9 on its Xbox 360 console, according to our sources. The Xbox 360 currently includes Bing voice search, but it's limited to media results. Microsoft's new Internet Explorer browser for Xbox will expand on this functionality to open up a full browser for the console. We are told that the browser will let Xbox users surf all parts of the web straight from their living rooms.

Microsoft has also integrated Kinect gestures and voice control heavily into the experience, allowing Xbox owners to quickly search using the existing Bing functionality and pull up relevant web pages. Kinect support is not mandatory according to our sources, but the browser is said to be tuned for Kinect usage. There's no word on a launch date for Internet Explorer on Xbox, but with E3 on the horizon we'd expect to hear the official details from Microsoft in a matter of weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
Poison

Poison

Number of posts : 341
PSN : Venenum-
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls   Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 2:37 pm

microsoft does realize that anyone with a brain wont use IE.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls   Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 2:39 pm

Well its a much better option than any of the other consoles. There isn't going to be any risk with using IE and IE 8 is actually pretty good. I prefer it over the f-ed up Firefox version that is out now.
Back to top Go down
Poison

Poison

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls   Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:35 pm

chrome all day erry day
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls   Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:38 pm

I'm finding I need my PC less and less with all of the apps and things I can do on my 360 now days.
Back to top Go down
Poison

Poison

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls   Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:43 pm

its heading that way, but past experience proves to me that IE sucks, until proven better.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls   Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:44 pm

You obviously haven't tried to use the PS3 web browser! That thing crashes every 2 minutes!
Back to top Go down
Poison

Poison

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls   Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:56 pm

Sounds fun
Back to top Go down
fusion

Number of posts : 2621
Gamertag : Chocolate Meoww
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls   Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:17 pm

I'm not gonna lie, this is how it goes:

PS3 web browser < netscape < calling poison's mother < IE

soooo, rather use xbox IE than PS3 browser. However, it's just another feature of xbox i wont be using. I've got a laptop, why would i need to surf reddit, MOH site, and facebook on xbox?
Back to top Go down
Poison

Poison

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls   Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:26 pm

the uncalled for in that post, it is overwhelming
Back to top Go down
fusion

Number of posts : 2621
Gamertag : Chocolate Meoww
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls   Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Slap. but yeah, in reality, I probably will use the xbox browser once, and never again. Sure, it's there, but I've got a better browser, with a keyboard, right here. It's like a car salesman telling you there's a cup-holder in the back seat as well. Yeah, it's there, but Crud, I'd rather use the one up front!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls   Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft to bring full Internet Explorer browsing to Xbox 360 with Kinect controls
Page 1 of 1