{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Empty
PostSubject: Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership   Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:48 am

Xbox 360 continues not to disappoint their fans

After seeing the latest numbers from the NPD, it’s safe to say the Xbox 360 is a beast! As for the Xbox Live, just when people thought Microsoft couldn’t do anymore with this incredible feature, they’re about to show and prove once again, when they introduce “V.I.P. Membership”.

But Xbox Live is already spectacular, what else can they do?

According too a customers survey done in France, Microsoft is considering a new level of Xbox Live called the VIP service. Now with this upgraded version, users will be able to get online storage for their content, a brand new matchmaking option, a option that allows the user too send free invitations to silver members, and better connectivity. It’s no denying that Xbox Live’s gold members are reaping the awards that Microsoft has provided them and with this optional addition it can’t do anything but expand on this already great feature.

Is this new feature worth it?

Xbox Live members should give the “V.I.P. Membership” a warm welcome, the upgrade will allow for better connectivity for online gaming, online storage, etc. Only time will tell if users will adapt to this upcoming addition, hopefully we hear some more news about V.I.P. at E3.

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=7360
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership   Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:11 am

Gold membership is enough for me... I think they should of waited to release that with a new Xbox if they're doing online storage and stuff... Online streaming of games or purchasing of games should be coming soon anyway... I think they're doing the online storage because you're very very limited to that HDD it came with or a 120GB at the max... Other then that they shouldn't have to make the connection "better" for VIP members if it's as good as people claim... 1Mbps on Gold and 1Mbps on VIP is still 1Mbps.... It's my opinion though and would I upgrade to it, nope... I need more then that

Hmm... I'm reading the comments on that page and they seem similar to my thoughts on this
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership   Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:40 am

Yeah but 1mbps on gold and 3 mbps on vip are different.

I dunno how they're gonna set it up though. a lot of people dont like this idea.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership   Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:57 am

ChaosRazgriz wrote:
Gold membership is enough for me... I think they should of waited to release that with a new Xbox if they're doing online storage and stuff... Online streaming of games or purchasing of games should be coming soon anyway... I think they're doing the online storage because you're very very limited to that HDD it came with or a 120GB at the max... Other then that they shouldn't have to make the connection "better" for VIP members if it's as good as people claim... 1Mbps on Gold and 1Mbps on VIP is still 1Mbps.... It's my opinion though and would I upgrade to it, nope... I need more then that

Hmm... I'm reading the comments on that page and they seem similar to my thoughts on this

All new Xbox's sold have 60 GB HDD, the elites 120.
There won't be a new Xbox for at least 2-3 years, due to the economy and the fact that game makers/gaming industry do not want a crash. Rumor has it Microsoft hasn't even started the early planning stage of the next XBox, and development takes about 3 years.
Also as we all know Sony has stated that they are sticking with PS3 for 7 year cycle.

I love this new VIP idea however, whatever they can add that makes it the even more elite online gaming console the better!
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
STARWARSKID93

STARWARSKID93

Number of posts : 3676

PostSubject: Re: Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership   Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:02 pm

I have a 20 gb xbox and i only used 9gb so far.
i got about 300 songs
5 video games saved
3 demos.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.tk

PostSubject: Re: Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership   Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:22 pm

crapgamer wrote:
ChaosRazgriz wrote:

All new Xbox's sold have 60 GB HDD, the elites 120.
There won't be a new Xbox for at least 2-3 years, due to the economy and the fact that game makers/gaming industry do not want a crash. Rumor has it Microsoft hasn't even started the early planning stage of the next XBox, and development takes about 3 years.
Also as we all know Sony has stated that they are sticking with PS3 for 7 year cycle.

I love this new VIP idea however, whatever they can add that makes it the even more elite online gaming console the better!
60GB is still small and 120GB is probably more then enough unless you're all HD buying movies and all of that but you're still limited to 120GB at a max regardless... You could buy 2 120GB HDD's but you'll have to switch between them if you really needed that much space... And VIP still sounds dumb to me unless it could convince me to actually get it... I mean inviting silver members to a game and having a "better" connection isn't enough... If the connection is as good as all of you say then why do you need it? Hell, I lagged with w01fsk7aag on Halo 3 and it was only us 2... When I play GoW2 with my friends and some people in MOH it laggs... I even walked into my brothers room to watch him play CoD4 and saw him lagging too...So this is probably the best thing out of the VIP anyway ... And the online storage is too vague... I need an actual number size for the online storage... Seriously it's going to have to be big... Online mailboxes give you over 5GB so this better be a lot... Telling me that VIP is the next best thing is almost impossible at this moment with the info this vague

And starwarskid, I have a 20GB too and it's pretty good... I don't save lots of HD things on it and I don't install my games on my 360 either... I don't even know why Xbox put the install option on there anyway
Back to top Go down
Designs

Designs

Number of posts : 861
Gamertag : GD Designs
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership   Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:29 pm

um i have a 20g just about full but 15g of it is ffxi...
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership   Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Well I have a 80 gig ps3 and upload movies to it and I still have way too much space on it, so 60 gig HDD on a 360 should be plenty, especially considering you are not required to install games to the HDD. Save files take no space really.

They put the ability to install games on your HDD on 360 to get faster load times and quieter system.
There was no price point issued and this is all vague really, I mean I'd pay an extra $5-$10 a year for the features mentioned...for sure.
And I don't lag on 360, always run a 4 bar. I hear Gears has online issues which are not really XBL fault.
I don't lag on Halo either.
Back to top Go down
STARWARSKID93

STARWARSKID93

Number of posts : 3676

PostSubject: Re: Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership   Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:32 pm

I use to lag on halo and on bfbc until i got fios.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.tk

PostSubject: Re: Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership   Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:54 pm

crapgamer wrote:
Well I have a 80 gig ps3 and upload movies to it and I still have way too much space on it, so 60 gig HDD on a 360 should be plenty, especially considering you are not required to install games to the HDD. Save files take no space really.

They put the ability to install games on your HDD on 360 to get faster load times and quieter system.
There was no price point issued and this is all vague really, I mean I'd pay an extra $5-$10 a year for the features mentioned...for sure.
And I don't lag on 360, always run a 4 bar. I hear Gears has online issues which are not really XBL fault.
I don't lag on Halo either.
I don't lag on Halo either... In fact I rarely lag regardless... And the installing of games onto a HDD is on the PS3 already too so that's nothing new to me either... And until I see everything this VIP membership has to offer, I'm sticking with Gold
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership   Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:56 pm

STARWARSKID93 wrote:
I use to lag on halo and on bfbc until i got fios.
Yeah... I'm trying to get FiOS but I can't get it where I'm at... I have 15Mbps internet though which is the fastest cable connection I've seen... Though I think comcast has 16Mbps... Do you have Verizon FiOS?
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership   Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:21 pm

you lagged with me because I was the host. I have a 6 year old router and a shitty ISP, AND I live in canada.
Back to top Go down
SkankyNugget

SkankyNugget

Number of posts : 567
Gamertag : skanky nugget
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership   Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:24 pm

with this new information,
i think it's safe to say.

we're dropping the ps3 from MOH.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skankynugget
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership   Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:30 pm

I concur.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership   Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:23 pm

SkankyNugget wrote:
with this new information,
i think it's safe to say.

we're dropping the ps3 from MOH.

But skanky...your the KZ2 leader Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership   Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unconfirmed: New level of XBL membership
Page 1 of 1