{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shotty

Shotty

Number of posts : 1230
Gamertag : SevereSh0tD0wN
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Empty
PostSubject: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 5:02 pm

Which headset should I get? I'm thinking TB X11. That will work well for me, right?
Back to top Go down
fusion

Number of posts : 2621
Gamertag : Chocolate Meoww
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 6:02 pm

welll depends on what you get. i personally think that trittons are the best, and everybody has their little biased decision, especially if you own one headset over another. one thing though, id suggest not getting a wireless headset, just because they always have to be charged, and stuff. but the tritton ax720s i hear are really good at only 125, but if your going for cheapness id say the x11s
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 7:28 pm

you're not going mlg so x11s should be good.
Back to top Go down
Shotty

Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 7:42 pm

w01fsk7aag wrote:
you're not going mlg so x11s should be good.

Not going mlg YET***
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 8:19 pm

Well I'd get the 720's if you want to take advantage of the optical sound... It's like double the price, but I love the 720's... The x11's look alright, but have fun with your stereo sound... That is unless you can't drop $120 on a headset
Back to top Go down
Shotty

Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 8:51 pm

ChaosRazgriz wrote:
Well I'd get the 720's if you want to take advantage of the optical sound... It's like double the price, but I love the 720's... The x11's look alright, but have fun with your stereo sound... That is unless you can't drop $120 on a headset

Optical sound? What's that?
Back to top Go down
fusion

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 9:25 pm

optical sound is digital optical output, which is fiber optics, aka its a lot better than standard cords. but if you dont have the right hookup yet (you need to have the HDMI or component hookup for the xbox), its gonna cost ya up to 50 bucks more
Back to top Go down
Tacoman.

Tacoman.

Number of posts : 323
Gamertag : Tacoscrub
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:41 pm

The XBox 360 headset made from Microsoft is amazing.

The Xbox 360 Headset heightens the experience of the Xbox LIVE®️ online gaming community, allowing you to strategize with teammates, trash-talk opponents, or just chat with friends while playing your favorite games. Record and leave short voice messages for friends or family through the free Xbox LIVE Message Service, or connect with your online buddies using the headset.

Product Information
Xbox 360 Headset
Manufacturer: Microsoft

Category: Xbox LIVE
Console: Xbox 360
$19.99

Features

Boom microphone can be adjusted for optimal sound quality

In-line volume control and mute switch let users adjust the headset volume or switch mute on and off easily

Noise-canceling microphone improves game response to voice commands, and provides crisp and clear voice communication

Lightweight, over-the-head design enables comfortable use

The headset plugs directly into either the Xbox 360 Controller or Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for ease of use
Part Number B4D-00001

Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Bannerdefault

jk.

Trittons are good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:42 pm

Or take that ugly ass grey thing with the L and R audio and use the optical out from there to go into the 720

Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! 437164494_d76f429815

I think the AV cords have this too, but I'm not sure... I don't use that because I get all the sound I need via HDMI and the optical out on my TV
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:15 am

Tbs use an optical output lol....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:26 am

Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! 79884562

Stereo is 2 channels and it would be stupid as hell to use an optical out for stereo sound

Also if you buy the 720's, it comes with a free optical cord... A cheep one, but it works just as good as the one I bought
Back to top Go down
Shotty

Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:44 am

I'm leaning towards the 720s at this point. If I bought those, would I have to buy something in addition to that? Sorry about all the questions guys I just want to get this right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:55 am

Well I love the 720's... It takes a while to get used to the definition of the sound, but they're extremely good... But you really wouldn't have to... If you have that grey thing that I put up in the picture or the AV cords that has the little optical port (looks like a small black box like it is on that grey thing), then you'll have everything you need... It also works for the PS3, 360, and PC with the added bonus of the 5.1 surround via the optical cable

But in a nutshell, no, you don't need to buy anything else... When I bought the 720's, I had no idea it came with an optical cord... The ONLY bad thing is that you either use the optical for sound, or that piece that looks like that green and pink thing... There's no L and R audio for that thing

Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Boxaccessories

Here's everything you get
Back to top Go down
Shotty

Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:19 am

Well I'd much rather use the optical than the green/pink cables. What would I have to do to make that happen?
Back to top Go down
fusion

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:33 am

id say good choice on this one. also, if you plug in the little USB hookup from the amp, you can talk on skype while talking on xbox live, while recording voice on dazzle, while listening to music, while playing mw2. hard as hell but its doable Wink
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:38 am

TBs use an optical output, comes with a free wire or w/e you want to call it. Its stereo sound with a bass boost so Trittons do have better sound. Its up to preference shotty. You get what you pay for.
Back to top Go down
Shotty

Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:40 am

Bottom line: I buy the tritton ax 720 and JUST the ax 720 alone, with nothing else with it, and I'll get a great quality headset that I'll be able to effectively soundwhore with?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:24 am

Yep, you have everything that you need if you get the 720's

And are you really going to tell me that the X11's have an optical out?

Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! X11_howdoesitwork_main_02

Unless TB think it's smart to not even mention an option to USE an optical cord for sound, then you're right... But EVERYTHING I've checked says it has no optical out... If the X11's had an optical out for that price, the smart thing would be to get the X11's, but it doesn't... So in terms of sound quality, the 720 still takes the gold

But yes, you get what you pay for
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:24 pm

See where it says XBOX audio adapter cable or whatever? There it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:50 pm

That has nothing to do with an optical cord... The only other thing might be the coaxial cable since it looks orange, but that's not an optical cord
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:54 pm

Yeeees it is. If you could see actually see the inside you would be able to tell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:10 pm

Are we talking about the X11's? Because on their sites list, it lists exactly what I said, no optical in or out...

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx11/whichoneisforme.aspx
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:16 pm

I have X1s but X11s are pretty much the same thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:19 pm

Well I've been saying the X11's for the past hour and their site says nothing about an optical out port and list it as nonexistent on the X11's... Nobody was talking about the X1's and the X1's don't have optical outs either... Do you even know what an optical out is? I replaced that headset with the 720's because I wanted the optical out
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:23 pm

They're the same thing except the X11 padding is black and X1 is grey >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!   Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody with headset experience answer ASAP!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next