{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Empty
PostSubject: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:35 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8749106.stm

John Lennon's handwritten lyrics to Beatles song A Day In The Life have sold for $1.2m at auction, well above the price expected.

The double-sided sheet of paper with notes written in felt marker and blue ink was sold at Sotheby's in New York.

The lyric sheet also contains some corrections and other notes penned in red ink.

The song - co-written with Paul McCartney - is the final track on the band's 1967 Sgt Pepper album.

The buyer was an anonymous American telephone bidder. The lyric sheet had previously belonged to Mal Evans, the Beatles' road manager.

According to the auction house, the previous record for a sale of Beatles lyrics was All You Need Is Love, which fetched $1m (£655,450) in 2005.

Rolling Stone magazine listed A Day in the Life at number 26 in its compilation of the greatest 500 songs of all time. The album went on to win four Grammy awards.

The BBC banned airplay of the track in 1967 because of the lyric "I'd like to turn you on", which was interpreted as a reference to drug use.

This also led to several Asian countries to release Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band minus the song.

The lyric was apparently a later addition by Lennon.

John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million 1111111111111

Makes you wonder how much some Eminem lyrics would go for huh? lmao
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag
Registration date : 2009-01-26

John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:38 pm

If they were from song s he wrote back when he lived on 8 mile, a lot more than that.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:08 pm

w01fsk7aag wrote:
If they were from song s he wrote back when he lived on 8 mile, a lot more than that.

Please tell me your joking? Just FYI this broke the record for sales of a handwritten song. I was just being funny with the comparison to Eminem, because one from Eminem would be worthless.
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:38 pm

not if it was something he wrote in 8 mile
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:45 pm

w01fsk7aag wrote:
not if it was something he wrote in 8 mile

Dude your making yourself look bad here bro. I don't care if it was something he wrote on 2 mile. If you look at things like this, it's takes decades for them to become valuable. John Lennon is one the best regarded Poets, Songwriters of all time from the biggest band of all time. That's why his stuff sells like that. I mean some scribble on some paper man.
No current person has anything like that, if you look at things that sell, lyric wise it's always something like Lennon, Jim Morrison, Buddy Holly, McCartney etc... Nobody would pay 8 cents for something he wrote on 8 mile. Sorry man.
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : I x C x M
PSN : IxCxM

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:46 pm

Who would pay near 1mil for Eminem lyrics?
SERIOUSLY. He is NOWHERE near as popular and well know as John Lennon and the Beatles. Nor will he EVER be.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:11 pm

IceCreamMan wrote:
Who would pay near 1mil for Eminem lyrics?
SERIOUSLY. He is NOWHERE near as popular and well know as John Lennon and the Beatles. Nor will he EVER be.
Back to top Go down
Shotty

Shotty

Number of posts : 1230
Gamertag : SevereSh0tD0wN
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:28 pm

How many Eminem fans have $1 mil to spend...?
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:06 am

Shotty wrote:

I'm sure adam sandler would!

If you've heard the song stan you would know how psycho his fans can get.
Back to top Go down
HellHammer

HellHammer

Number of posts : 816
Gamertag : XX_HellHammer
PSN : XX_HellHamer

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:18 am

The fact of the matter is, stuff from REAL musicians will always sell at a higher price than any other garbage, handwritten lyrics to Beatles songs have CONSISTENTLY yielded $200,000+, and if you wanna go more on things no rappers 1 thing will ever be worth in 20+ years:

Eric Clapton's stratocaster auctioned offed for around $928,000
ONE of Jimi Hendrix's stratocasters, which he played once live, on one song, then set on fire, went for around $300,000
And another one of Hendrix's strats went for $2m
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:21 am

w01fsk7aag wrote:
Shotty wrote:

I'm sure adam sandler would!

If you've heard the song stan you would know how psycho his fans can get.

I looked for some of Eminems stuff on that list of top all time songs but sadly..nothing.........lol
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:27 am

Oh Im sorry eminem hasn't been around as long as elivis and the only people who like him arent people living in the past.

You must not have looked very hard because Stan is 290 on that list.
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:45 am

UGh WOLF
Stop looking like an idiot. Eminem Fans=/=John Lennon/Beatles Fans
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:54 am

w01fsk7aag wrote:
Oh Im sorry eminem hasn't been around as long as elivis and the only people who like him arent people living in the past.

You must not have looked very hard because Stan is 290 on that list.

What do you think people do today Wolf? Everything old is new again. Who do you think the best selling band still is? It's still Beatles bro. The A Team is a remake from the past, Transformers, even Batman. Everything you probably like has it's roots in the past. I like real music man, so I am not into some punk white kid rapping about stupid schust. Bottom line is, nobody cares.
The rap that was popular when I was a teenager nobody likes now. Just like when your in your 20's nobody will like the stuff now. Elvis, Beatles, Stones all that stuff will still be liked though. Deal with it.
Back in the day people loved MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Dr.Dre, Too Short, Easy E, Ice Cube. Does anyone like those now? Serious question too? Are they popular? I wouldn't know but those were the Eminem of my day and I'm pretty sure nobody gives a flying fuck about them.
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:03 am

dr dre produces for eminem so of course hes still popular, eazy e died and if you look around people are always like damn I miss eazy e.

I like pretty much anything but pop mainstream rap and ghetto rap.
You aren't tuned into the culture of this music at all so I don't expect you to understand it and I'm not even asking you to.

I posted my opinion, I KNOW you don't agree and I knew before you posted this thread! Let it go, we already know everyones opinions.
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:19 am

These aren't opinions they are facts, you go up to nearly anyone who knows their ass from center field and tell them Eminem stuff will sell as much or more than John Lennon or the Beatles stuff and they will laugh you away.
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:21 am

And guess what ICM! THATS THEIR OPINION. STFD.
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:25 am

No IT'S FACTS. You want to compare how many chart topping hits the beatles have had compared to Eminem? How many more albums were purchased? Was Eminem ever targeted by the US government because of the massive influence he has over the public and tried to deport him? No. John Lennon? Yes. These are factual numbers and events than Eminem hasn't come close to.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:33 am

Beatles are factually the best selling band of all time, factually the number in sales each decade, even this last one. Lennon/McCartney are in the Guinness book for best songwriter combo, most songs written, most number 1's, in fact at one time the Beatles had the top 5 spots on the singles charts.
So a lot of what I say aren't opinions but facts, I mean imagine being a kid in elementary school or Middle school or even high school and then years later liking the same stuff? I mean That music just makes me feel good bro, hard to explain but it inspires me and many people. Rap and Emimem just cant do that.
I appreciate your opinion but STFD.
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:34 am

IceCreamMan wrote:
No IT'S FACTS. You want to compare how many chart topping hits the beatles have had compared to Eminem? How many more albums were purchased? Was Eminem ever targeted by the US government because of the massive influence he has over the public and tried to deport him? No. John Lennon? Yes. These are factual numbers and events than Eminem hasn't come close to.

Guess how they became chart topping hits? From people with OPINIONS listening to them. Who purchased the albums? People with OPINIONS.

And its pretty funny you should say that because yes he was targeted by the US government because of his massive influence he has over the public who tried to deport him!

These numbers are created by opinions! These lists of top songs all time are all opinions! There is no way you can "prove" any artist is better than another. It's all opinions.

Rap and Eminem can't do what the Beatles can do for you, but they can do it for me, and they can do it for millions of others! ITS AN OPINION.
Back to top Go down
HellHammer

HellHammer

Number of posts : 816
Gamertag : XX_HellHammer
PSN : XX_HellHamer

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:39 am

Eminem isn't an artist. 20 years from now people won't be listening to him. If you say other wise you're full of schust, and I can guarantee with 99.999999999999% certainty that you won't be listening to eminem in your your 40's or 50's.

And okay, go with your whole, flawed, opinion deal.

It still says that majority of peoples opinions are that the Beatles are #1 in all those areas. I don't see eminems name on schust, I don't see any rapper or hip-hop artists name on schust.

You wanna know why? Because 1) that schust isn't music, anyone can string together some beats and do some retarded attempts at rhyming, hell I can do it without even having TOUCHED an instrument. 2) that schust goes out of style faster than shoes go out of style with niggers, its constant keep up.

Nothing will come close to the greatness of some of the past bands and hell, even the likes of Metallica and Megadeth and newer bands as such, you can say its opinion all you want, but the facts are that more peoples beliefs are towards that than any other.
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:41 am

You are an idiot wolf, I'm sorry. You are trying to argue factual data yet you call ours opinions. Just stop while the whole isn't too deep. Eminem was NEVER targeted by the US government to be deported. Eminem ISN'T EVEN FOREIGN. You don't deport American born citizens, John Lennon was British. It may all be opinions, but in the end you lose the argument and are simply trying to lick the wounds by calling it all out. I never denied Eninem as a solid artist, he is considered one of the best rappers of all time. I enjoy his stuff as much as you I'm sure, but to say he can match The Beatles isn't just an opinion, its outright ludicrous.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:43 am

Sales are facts. No matter what. John Lennon Frightened Nixon, which is why they went after him, I'm not even a huge fan of Lennon's political aspects. I tend to think Musicians and actors should keep their mouth shut and entertain.
If Rhyming about killing people or putting them in a trunk is what gets you pumped up bro, then more power to you, but don't act like me liking Classic rock is something odd or strange. In fact it's still popular and selling better then the stuff you consider good and current.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and say nobody will remember Marshal Mather's 10-15-20 years from now.
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:44 am

If we all understand these are opinions then there is no argument.
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:47 am

IceCreamMan wrote:
You are an idiot wolf, I'm sorry. You are trying to argue factual data yet you call ours opinions. Just stop while the whole isn't too deep. Eminem was NEVER targeted by the US government to be deported. Eminem ISN'T EVEN FOREIGN. You don't deport American born citizens, John Lennon was British. It may all be opinions, but in the end you lose the argument and are simply trying to lick the wounds by calling it all out. I never denied Eninem as a solid artist, he is considered one of the best rappers of all time. I enjoy his stuff as much as you I'm sure, but to say he can match The Beatles isn't just an opinion, its outright ludicrous.

You're the idiot. I'm not saying he can match the beatles. Those facts are ONLY FACTS BECAUSE OF OPINIONS. THATS WHAT IM SAYING.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million   John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for  1.2 million Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Lennons hand written lyrics to "A Day in The Life" sell for 1.2 million
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next