{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Kinect Review

Go down 
+3
fusion
MoH Grave
crapgamer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:14 am

My Kinect Review Kinect

Let me start by saying that I decided to get Kinect as I watched this past E3. I was impressed, I knew right away it probably wouldn't be something a clan can get behind, but as a gamer I saw the possibilities and I was pretty excited for this. I wasn't sure how it would work, it's pretty futuristic, I mean voice commands are nothing new, but what is new is the fact that these voice commands actually work. The sensor itself is rather small, they sell stands that lock them to the top of your television or stands that sit on the floor like a tripod, what's cool about Kinect is, it doesn't have to be right in front of your television to work.

I'll start with the positives. The sensor is extremely accurate, if you have enough room, around six feet from the sensor it's pinpoint accurate, if you have less room, it's still accurate but not pinpoint. It has facial recognition, which blew me away, I was playing it with Hellhammer and when he jumps in for his turn it automatically recognizes him and changes the avatar over to his, same with when it's my turn.

The games look good, colorful and are a lot of fun! Try it and you'll want one. Hellhammer was skeptical as well, but he was having a blast in no time, you totally forget your making an ass out of yourself and just have fun. That's why I got it. Above all else I'm a gamer, I was gaming on the Atari back in the day and I've been gaming since before internet enabled gameplay, so I just enjoy gaming for fun. This is a lot of fun.

The games can give you a good workout, it's so fun though that you don't even realize it until the next day when your arms and legs are a bit sore from gaming. The variety is a big plus as well, right now there is a wide array of different games to choose with more "Core" titles due next year, I knew that Dance Central was going to be a big hit, though it's not my thing, I can see why it's so popular.

The Kinect sensor has motors on it, so it tracks you, the sensor itself moves up and down and left to right.
My Kinect Review Kinect

Every Kinect game is online. I love the Wii, but to me a huge failure on the Wii is the lack of quality online, Microsoft made the online more of a social thing, you can disable voice chat and it matches you up against someone, so it's just fun, no trash talking, no B.S.

The games are cheaper then standard games, $49 is pretty fair, there is a lot of content and gamerscore to be had. I'm excited to see when some titles come available used.

Even though it's controller free, there are already some add on's.
My Kinect Review Kinect-game-boat-is-a-boat-530px

Though the boat add on doesn't interest me, I'd love to see a Light saber add on down the road, maybe for that Star Wars Kinect game that is due out next year.

As for the negatives, I'd really say the price to some people $149 is a bit negative, but when you consider you need nothing else and it's capable to do multiplayer right out of the box and it comes with a game (Kinect Adventures) it's worth it. The best deal for Kinect would be to get the 360s Arcade bundled with Kinect for $299, you save $50 that way. That would be best for those new to the 360 and wanting to try Kinect.

If you have an older Xbox 360 you need to use a separate power cable that comes with Kinect as well as a USB cable that also comes with it, if you have a 360s, it hooks up into a USB hub in the new 360 and thats all you need, so it's very little to set up.

I'd also say if your strictly a "Core" or online shooter person you probably wont find much use for Kinect, though being able to use voice commands on the dash and control media this way is pretty nice on it's own.
If you get the chance though, try it. It's a lot of fun, you'll lose yourself just having a good time gaming, which is what it's all about right?

My Kinect Review Kinect-adventures-screen1
I'll give it 5 T-Bags out of 5. I wasn't prepared for it to work as well as it actually does, it's impressive to say the least.

Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
MoH Grave

MoH Grave

Number of posts : 1594
Gamertag : Moh Grave
PSN : swbf2
Registration date : 2009-01-26

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:29 am

you forgot to mention how you fell out the window playing it and there was an almond joy out the window so you dove for it actually
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Thanks for your input on my well thought out review bro.
Back to top Go down
fusion

Number of posts : 2621
Gamertag : Chocolate Meoww

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 7:25 pm

nice review. id say the only real negative, is that you need a TON of space. so guys like me living in a dorm, it was hard but i moved all my shit around and i finally got a space for it. ton of fun, and hte lady ferrets think the tec is amazing on it
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 7:45 pm

One thing I forgot to add was Netflix isn't usable with it yet, but Microsoft said a patch is incoming soon and it'll allow that feature as well.
I had to move furniture around as well to get the full effect, you need a solid 6 feet, but 8 feet would be better IMO.
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : I x C x M
PSN : IxCxM

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:46 pm

Netflix did just get a nice new update....
Back to top Go down
asap

Number of posts : 1271
Gamertag : Cod Division

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:07 pm

Fuck the Kinect in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 6:31 am

Well as I said, play it and you'll enjoy it. To each their own. The Netflix update we just got with the dash was to give us the ability to search for content.
Back to top Go down
STARWARSKID93

STARWARSKID93

Number of posts : 3676

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:09 am

Good review.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.tk
crapgamer

crapgamer

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:11 am

Thanks, it was well thought out.
Back to top Go down
TheCaptain

TheCaptain

Number of posts : 117
Gamertag : NONE
Registration date : 2010-11-04

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 2:38 pm

Good Review. I will probably end up picking this up eventually.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 2:41 pm

It's fun if you just wanna chill and maybe pop a few beers or whatever. Well worth it IMO. Especially if you liked the Wii or the idea of something different. much more accurate then Wii or anything else though.
Back to top Go down
TheCaptain

TheCaptain

Number of posts : 117
Gamertag : NONE
Registration date : 2010-11-04

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 2:48 pm

crapgamer wrote:
It's fun if you just wanna chill and maybe pop a few beers or whatever. Well worth it IMO. Especially if you liked the Wii or the idea of something different. much more accurate then Wii or anything else though.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. A good outlet from the competitive side of gaming.
Back to top Go down
STARWARSKID93

STARWARSKID93

Number of posts : 3676

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 2:52 pm

crappy are you gonna get kinect fit?
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.tk
crapgamer

crapgamer

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 5:01 pm

nah, I have Kinect Adventures, I want to get Joy Ride, Sports, Sonic Riders, Fighters Unleashed, Steel Battalion, Haunted ect... No fitness crap.
Back to top Go down
fusion

Number of posts : 2621
Gamertag : Chocolate Meoww

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 6:11 pm

kinect sports is a ton of fun, so i recommend it. i am really looking forward to that kinect star wars though, it looks sick. the lady ferrets love kinect btw, they think its so cool how the sensor worsk and shit
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 6:29 pm

As I originally said, chicks dig tech like that. I knew it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Kinect Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinect Review   My Kinect Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Kinect Review
Page 1 of 1