{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund

Go down 
+8
SMOKEDAWG
fusion
w01fsk7aag
Poison
MoH Striker
MoH Frenzii
redrebel67
crapgamer
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Empty
PostSubject: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:22 pm

A growing numbers of consumers are signing a petition demanding a full refund for those who bought the 'inferior' PS3 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops.

According to the disgruntled gamers, the PS3 "can equal and/or outperform the Xbox 360 on many levels", yet Black Ops on Sony's console features "sub-par graphics, buggy software and less features" than the 360 edition.

The petition references Digital Foundry's recent analysis of the game's visuals, in which it was claimed that Black Ops is "clearly superior-looking" on Xbox 360.

The complaint also alleges that Activision and developer Treyarch have failed to deliver promised features for the PS3 version of Black Ops, including online split-screen functionality, which is featured in the Xbox 360 edition.

The petition reads: "... Is it fair to charge PlayStation 3 owners the same price for an inferior product, when both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 had the same amount of development time?

"Is it fair to charge PlayStation 3 owners the same price for an inferior product, when the previous version (Modern Warfare 2) was equal on both systems but the updated version (BO) is not?

"Is it fair to charge PlayStation 3 owners the same price for an inferior product, when the previous version (Modern Warfare 2 on PS3) looked visually better than BO looks now on PS3?

"We are requesting a full refund for Call of Duty Black Ops!"

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=277520
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
redrebel67

redrebel67

Number of posts : 49
PSN : redrebel67
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:55 pm

But there is online split-screen.....
Back to top Go down
MoH Frenzii

MoH Frenzii

Number of posts : 420
Gamertag : MoH Frenzii
PSN : mayhem300
Registration date : 2010-07-12

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:26 pm

yea
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Don't look at me, to be honest if I hated a game I'd use the 10 day grace period and take it back to Gamestop. I think people are foolish for even doing this. Games get ported all the time, sometimes good, sometimes not.
Back to top Go down
MoH Striker

MoH Striker

Number of posts : 1449
Gamertag : MoH STRlKER
PSN : DeathsPlaygrnd
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:31 pm

was it fair to sell inferior goods to jews in the beginning years of the holocaust? no but it happened anyway
Back to top Go down
Poison

Poison

Number of posts : 341
PSN : Venenum-
Registration date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:35 pm

That's funny about the graphics.. Every PS3 fanboy I've ever talked to has claimed the graphics between the two systems are the same.
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Poison wrote:
That's funny about the graphics.. Every PS3 fanboy I've ever talked to has claimed the graphics between the two systems are the same.

Really? all the ones at my school ever say is Ps3 graphics are better 1080p isn't even native to 360 it has to be upscaled.
Back to top Go down
fusion

Number of posts : 2621
Gamertag : Chocolate Meoww

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:55 pm

MoH Striker wrote:
was it fair to sell inferior goods to jews in the beginning years of the holocaust? no but it happened anyway

uhhh refrain from the J word when asap is around please... lol...
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:08 pm

w01fsk7aag wrote:
Poison wrote:

Really? all the ones at my school ever say is Ps3 graphics are better 1080p isn't even native to 360 it has to be upscaled.

I got news for ya, Hardly any PS3 game has 1080, GT5 only runs 720 same with Killzone 2.
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:22 pm

yeah ps3 fanboys can suck a dick.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:23 pm

Well this topic isn't to argue shit, just thought it was funny people would actually bitch about something like that.
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:27 pm

supposedly this video has a lot of insight but I couldn't understand it for obvious reasons once you watch the video...

Back to top Go down
SMOKEDAWG

SMOKEDAWG

Number of posts : 2253
PSN : SMOKEDAWG1994
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:28 pm

in all honesty i heard that graphics on 360 version are better cuz PS3 didnt put money into like microsoft did
oh well
i dont care as long as thye fix this knife bull crap
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:30 pm

I Saw that too, but there is no plot. I kind of think it's dumb how people think Microsoft is evil and plots on people just because they have money.
I always find it funny on sites when there is a pro 360 article, like a celebrity saying they like something on 360, it'll get bashed by PS3 fanboys who say MS paid for the endorsement, yet if someone like a celebrity says they like something on PS3, they said it not because they were paid but because it's so DAMN GOOD.

Just play what you want, it get's so annoying sometimes when I see idiotic people try to start shit.
Back to top Go down
{Delta}

{Delta}

Number of posts : 367
Gamertag : xDelta248x
PSN : Da-Delta
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm fine with the game, the internet at my campus is pretty lame anyways so I'm not expecting anything super as far as connection and it does have split screen online. I've seen it. I'm still not interested in buying a 360 first, I like the entertainment system of the Blu-Ray and various wireless media connections. However, for the hardcore gamer who wants to be an MLG nub, yes 360 is better. However, there is enough competition on the PS3 for me to be satisfied with the product of Black Ops. These people are stupid.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Agreed, like I said why not just take the game back within the 10 days allowed?
Back to top Go down
V8_JuIcE

Number of posts : 626
PSN : V8_Juice-
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 7:48 am

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA that video is so retarded. I wonder if he relizes how stupid he sounds!
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 7:59 am

He is the "Typical PS3 owner" lol Probably stealing that Walmart internet to play games!
Back to top Go down
SMOKEDAWG

SMOKEDAWG

Number of posts : 2253
PSN : SMOKEDAWG1994
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:33 am

crapgamer wrote:
I Saw that too, but there is no plot. I kind of think it's dumb how people think Microsoft is evil and plots on people just because they have money.
I always find it funny on sites when there is a pro 360 article, like a celebrity saying they like something on 360, it'll get bashed by PS3 fanboys who say MS paid for the endorsement, yet if someone like a celebrity says they like something on PS3, they said it not because they were paid but because it's so DAMN GOOD.

Just play what you want, it get's so annoying sometimes when I see idiotic people try to start shit.

WISE WORDS FROM THE CRAPGAMER
i agree also ms isnt evil there just smart as heck and learned that inexpensive is always better
thats why PS3 isnt getting anywhere
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:39 am

PS3 is actually doing quite well, once the price dropped it's a good value. Just the old "It has a Blu Ray player" argument for why it's "better" isn't valid anymore since you can buy a Stand Alone Blu Ray player for $99 now. Some of the PS3 games are solid, Uncharted, God Of War ect... However those games don't have Replay value for me, it's all about online that lasts a long time. Which is why I prefer the 360. I just enjoy XBL more. No flaming, no drawn out thing. That is all.

To each their own!
Back to top Go down
xPerfect-Killx

Number of posts : 240
PSN : xPerfect-Killx
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:46 am

I just hate the lag. And im not talking about in game lag, I'm talking about trying to send messages and accept invites. Ive restarted my ps3 so many times because my ps3 freezes when I try to open my messages.
Back to top Go down
fusion

Number of posts : 2621
Gamertag : Chocolate Meoww

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:53 am

soooo yeah, on the subject of lag, when anybody else gets host in a lagwar match, do they have this weird as fuck choppy lag? like theirs no bullet lag or anything like that, the game just gets choppy sometimes
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:21 pm

Thats the choppy lag from the game itself, something they are supposedly working on more with a patch to come out soon.
Back to top Go down
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : I x C x M
PSN : IxCxM

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:55 pm

What are you talking about 10 day grace period?
You buy new, you open, you own. There is no returning after opening.
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 5:24 pm

theres also a bunch of stupid fucks going around saying the 25k tournament is the biggest prize in competitive gaming but what those retards don't realize is its 25k total for 1st 2nd and 3rd. Halo has 25k for first at regular events and 100k for 1st at nats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund   PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 owners petition Activision for Black Ops refund
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next