{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features

Go down 
+3
MoH Grave
MoH Saint
crapgamer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features Empty
PostSubject: Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features   Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:55 am

Survival mode
The feature many thought was missing from Modern Warfare 2 was a form of the fan favourite Zombie mode. While that won’t be in Modern Warfare 3 Survival mode will be which draws on the same constant survival gameplay as Zombies. Spec Ops Survival mode will be a wave survival mode set on all of games multiplayer maps. This will be another section for players to enjoy when they get the game and with the success of Zombie mode, it is certainly a feature to look forward to.

Killstreaks redone
One thing a lot of people found they didn’t like in Modern Warfare 2, Infinity Ward’s last Call of Duty title, was the killstreaks system. Black Ops went some way to improving on the killstreak system by making killstreak reward kills not help the player towards new rewards but it still didn’t feel perfect. Robert Bowling the Creative Strategist at IW has recently announced that the team has ”changed the entire way the killstreak system works”. While no details have been revealed a change to the old system will be a refreshing feature for all Call of Duty players.

Removed annoyances
Modern Warfare 2 had a few features that made many players annoyed the top example was Commando, the knife lunging Perk. Blacks Ops constantly had guns and perks being tweaked and nerfed but it seems Infinity Ward are topping that by removing things that players hate.
Bowling revealed via Reddit that MW3 won’t have OMA, Commando, Overpowered Explosives, Nukes, Last Stand aka Second Chance perk. With overpowered and annoying features gone players skill will now be more apparent and this can only be a good thing.

Two scopes
One thing revealed in the “Black Tuesday” mission gameplay was the ability to have two scopes on the same weapon. The screenshot above shows the gun with the two attachments a red dot sight and a scope. With a quick flip the character was able to add or remove the scope in front of the guns red dot allowing for pinpoint accuracy at both ranges. The amount of times when playing a player wants more or less of a scope this feature will be not only helpful but really welcomed by many.

Quickscoping is back
While it is apparently still “changing at this stage“ Bowling has stated that “Currently, you can still quick scope in Modern Warfare 3”. While many were happy to see the back of Quickscoping it also put a big section of the community off the game. To me if someone can hit me with a sniper from the close range they were on MW2 before I manage to kill them with an automatic weapon, well done to them. This is the reason it’s good that the feature is back as the whole community will be able to play and enjoy the game in the way they want.

More post-release support
While some of MW2’s game breaking glitches were eventually fixed it took Infinity Ward some time to sort the problems out but for Modern Warfare 3 the team is aiming to “extend our post launch support”. MW3 will also benefit from the ‘hot fix’ updates that Treyarch brought in for Black Ops which will allow small fixes to be added without the need for a full downloadable patch. The combination of more support and the hot fix feature will result in a game that has its problems fixed faster as less content will have to undergo Sony and Microsoft’s certification processes.
Overall it seems Infinity Ward has seen the mistakes they made with Modern Warfare 2 and fixed them as well as taken ideas created by Treyarch and improved upon them. Hopefully other features such as a fully working Theatre mode, new attachments and dare I say it dedicated servers head Modern Warfare 3’s way but even with what has already been announced it is definitely a game to get excited about!
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
MoH Saint
Captain Grade II
Captain Grade II

Number of posts : 269
Gamertag : S 4 I IN T x
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features   Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 10:06 am

it sounds sick, id be interested about the kill steaks and how they are gonna be run now
Back to top Go down
MoH Grave

MoH Grave

Number of posts : 1594
Gamertag : Moh Grave
PSN : swbf2
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features   Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 10:45 am

sounds good
Back to top Go down
V8_JuIcE

Number of posts : 626
PSN : V8_Juice-
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features   Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Battlefeild 3 is going to be a much better game although i doubt it will out sell COD
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features   Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:48 pm

V8_JuIcE wrote:
Battlefeild 3 is going to be a much better game although i doubt it will out sell COD

you were officially right about everything crapgamer
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features   Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:27 am

Well I'm not wrong often!
Back to top Go down
V8_JuIcE

Number of posts : 626
PSN : V8_Juice-
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features   Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:04 am

Umm soo is that an agreement?
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features   Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:38 am

Well no, there hasn't been a Battlefield game that outscored a COD game as of yet. If you use the Metacritic score system. There certainly hasn't been a Battlefield game that outsold Call Of Duty.
Those two ways are the only way to view which is better, everything else is just opinion. I will say that if I were a PS3 gamer I'd avoid Battlefield because it only offers 4 person squad based chat and of course the 30 FPS stuff.....

To me those things are unforgivable in a modern game.
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features   Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:02 pm

crapgamer wrote:
Well no, there hasn't been a Battlefield game that outscored a COD game as of yet. If you use the Metacritic score system. There certainly hasn't been a Battlefield game that outsold Call Of Duty.
Those two ways are the only way to view which is better, everything else is just opinion. I will say that if I were a PS3 gamer I'd avoid Battlefield because it only offers 4 person squad based chat and of course the 30 FPS stuff.....

To me those things are unforgivable in a modern game.

ya 4 man squad chat on ps3 where nobody has mics would be almost impossible to talk to anyone
Back to top Go down
asap

Number of posts : 1271
Gamertag : Cod Division

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features   Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:59 pm

I'm ready to hear all the bitching about quick scoping again. It's always fun to hear that in the post-lobby.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features   Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Ya, I personally don't mind the quick scoping StUfF, I usually slap'em with my auto MP5 anyway.
Back to top Go down
KiLlahCali559

KiLlahCali559

Number of posts : 534
PSN : Oo_iCali559_oO
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features   Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:56 pm

ye it took ages for the to patch the hsx9 hacks lol but i doubt they be as bad as 3arc on patches they patch every little thing even fun zombie glitches lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features   Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 3′s Best New Features
Page 1 of 1