{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

List of top 10 complaints about COD MW2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

List of top 10 complaints about COD MW2 Empty
PostSubject: List of top 10 complaints about COD MW2   List of top 10 complaints about COD MW2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:21 am

For the record, I don't agree with the Vehicles thing. If MW2 had them, I wouldn't play it at all.
As for the "Kids" you can perma mute them via there gamertag on XBL, guess there screwed on PS3 though. Good thing nobody uses headsets over there anyway.

Top 10 Issues with Modern Warfare 2
April 21st, 2010 at 1:20 pm -

Before I begin abusing Modern Warfare 2 more than an Asian hooker gets abused on a daily basis, I must let you know that I’m a huge fan of Modern Warfare 2 and the Call of Duty series as a whole. To hell with it, I’d even say that Modern Warfare 2 is one of my all-time favourite games. However, even the best of games have their problems and unfortunately Modern Warfare 2 has more problems than a paraplegic who has a bomb attached to their wheelchair. Join me as I talk through my top 10 issues with Modern Warfare 2 and explain the annoyances that make my time with game a real love/hate relationship.

10)Immature community full of underage kids

I suppose Infinity Ward can’t be blamed for this one, but it’s still an annoyance that I’m sure has put many people off playing the game. There’s nothing worse than listening to a 12 year old jacked up on Red Bull screaming down the mic and thinking he’s skilled at the game. To counter-act this, you can scroll down the list and simply mute the gamer but this isn’t possible during the loading screens and I swear they realise this and take advantage, taking our ear drums to hell and back in the 30 seconds or so that we haven’t got a choice but listen to their pathetic moaning and loud shrieks.

9)No vehicles

This could be seen as both a good and bad thing depending on your perspective. Tanks were a pain in the gluteus maximus back in the World at War days; when you were on the receiving end anyway. The addition of vehicles such as airplanes, jeeps etc could have added more variety to the gameplay if done correctly.

8)Lack of decent perks

The original Modern Warfare and World at War were full of perks and had a considerable amount more than Modern Warfare 2. Instead of giving us a good variety of perks to choose from, MW2 has fewer perks but instead upgrades the perks and adds features on to them when a certain amount of kills have been achieved with the perk attached. An example of this would be Stopping Power Pro allowing more damage to be done to vehicles. I personally preferred the larger variety of perks instead of the upgrade system as this allowed more customisation and different tactics to be used throughout the game.

7)Glitches plaguing the game

The glitches in Modern Warfare 2 have been well documented so I won’t bother mentioning them all; although I feel the Javelin glitch which pretty much guaranteed 1 or 2 kills for the cheater everytime you killed them is worthy of a mention. The possible reason so many glitches have been found could be due to the lack of a beta for the game. The original Modern Warfare had a beta and was, for the best part, clear of glitches, and the same can be said for Halo 3, so why did no beta occur for Modern Warfare 2? The fact that Infinity Ward took so long to fix the glitches is also an annoyance to me and a large majority of the MW2 community; having to suffer at the hands of the Javelin glitchers and cheaply die for a good three weeks just isn’t acceptable in my eyes.

6)Boosters

At least one in three free-for-all games seem to have what are known as boosters in them, and boosters are two douchebags who sit in the corner of the map and kill each other with the intention of earning killstreaks, mainly the Nuke. The amount of times me and my friends have been winning a game of Domination, Headquarters or a similar game mode only to see a Nuke called in from someone on the opposite team who has been achieving easy kills due to his friends just sitting there is unbelievable.

5)Lag/game ending

Lag, where the game jerks and doesn’t run smoothly due to the games servers, is a problem seen in pretty much all popular online multiplayer games but unfortunately lag occurs way to often in Modern Warfare 2. This could be due to the sheer amount of people who play MW2 and the servers can’t cope, but this isn’t a good excuse and should be fixed. Whilst on the subject of servers, dedicated servers weren’t included in the PC version of the game and this has angered many people, resulting in thousands of PC gamers boycotting the MW2 altogether.

A system where the game chooses a new host whenever the current host quits in order to keep the game running was implemented but simply doesn’t work and this is a real shame.

4)Poorly designed maps

It seems to me that Infinity Ward ran out of ideas when designing some of the maps for Modern Warfare 2. Of the 15 or so maps included with the game, I can honestly say that I only enjoy playing a maximum of 5. The other maps see to be bland and have too many camping and sniping spots for my liking. Compare this to the original Modern Warfare and World at War games where I only disliked 2 or 3 maps per game and you’ll see a big difference.

3)No party chat

The decision to not allow you to play team based games in Modern Warfare 2 whilst chatting with a party has got to be one of the most ridiculous decisions I have ever encountered. This was made so that you can’t help team mates after you have died by letting them know the enemies location on the map, but I don’t see why that was particularly a bad thing in the first place. The lack of party chat forces you to listen to the annoying kids and wannabe marines described in point 10.

2)Noob weapons

It is a common known fact that you do not have to be skilled at First Person Shooter games to be any good at Modern Warfare 2 due to the amount of what I like to call “noob weapons” available in the game. These are weapons that are stupidly easy to kill with and even a blind gamer with no hands would still be able to attain a positive ratio. Weapons that spring to mind are the Akimbo 1887’s which are double shotguns with a stupidly long range, allowing you to take people out from disgustingly long distances away and of course the “noob tube” which is a grenade launcher attached to the bottom of your gun and available with little work needed. These weapons have evened out the playing field for Modern Warfare 2 and therefore attract a lager community to the game, but it’s still a huge pain in the ass when you’re killed by a random noob tube fired from the other side of the map!

1) Campers

My number 1 annoyance with Modern Warfare 2 and the one thing that frustrates the hell out of me and has me cursing at the screen has to be the amount of campers there seems to be in Infinity Ward’s latest game. A camper is someone who sits in a certain space of the map for the whole game and doesn’t move due to being hidden well in cover and getting easy kills. The amount of times I have run around a corner to be shot by somebody just waiting for me with a shotgun is laughable.

So why does there seem to be more campers in Modern Warfare 2 than previous Call of Duty games? I believe the increase in campers is due to the longer killstreaks now available and people’s motivation to do whatever they can to achieve them. An example of this is a gamer camping until he has achieved 7 kills which awards him a harrier, which he then calls in and camps until the harrier has given him an extra 4 kills which by this time he’ll have 11 kills, resulting in a chopper gunner being activated and havoc being unleashed on the opposing team. The chopper gunner can easily get 15+ kills and this could result in a nuke being unlocked and therefore the game being won. You can’t blame people camping due to the over-powered killstreaks being available, but that doesn’t change the fact that I hate you all; play the game like a real man!

There you have it ladies and gentleman, the top 10 things about Modern Warfare 2 that piss me off. Do you agree with my choices? What else angers you?
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com

List of top 10 complaints about COD MW2
Page 1 of 1