{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who’s Playing, Who’s Not vs. Eagles

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Who’s Playing, Who’s Not vs. Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Who’s Playing, Who’s Not vs. Eagles   Who’s Playing, Who’s Not vs. Eagles Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:40 am

Typically teams play their starters for one quarter of the first preseason game before sending them to the bench and out of harm’s way.
But for the Ravens, who are mixing in a bevy of young talent amidst veterans into the starting lineup, the traditional rule doesn’t apply.
Head Coach John Harbaugh said stalwart starters such as Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed and Haloti Ngata will get one series – maybe.
But the youngsters hoping to break into the regular group, such as wide receivers Torrey Smith and Tandon Doss, will get a longer look.
“We’ve got different kinds of levels of starter right now,” Harbaugh said. “The younger guys, the guys that need more time in the passing game a little bit, I think we’ll put more time into those guys.”

J. Smith To Be Held Out
The Ravens have been taking it easy with rookie cornerback Jimmy Smith, who Harbaugh said had a groin tweak.
Smith missed four practices, but returned to the field on a limited basis Saturday at M&T Bank Stadium. He has progressively done a bit more each day and practice fully for the first time Tuesday.
“I think we keep him out on Thursday. He’s only had one practice,” Harbaugh said.

Williams, McKinney Are Out
New running back Ricky Williams was working with a Ravens coach during his first practice Tuesday when the coach told him he wasn’t going to play Thursday.
“And then he looked at me and said, ‘Unless you really, really want to play,’” Williams said. “I don’t think I am unless I wake up feeling like Superman.”
Harbaugh said he would “encourage” Williams not to lace up his cleats versus Philadelphia. The new backup running back saw light action in his first day and there’s only a walkthrough scheduled for Friday.
“I just think one practice out here probably is not enough to be ready and to keep him safe,” Harbaugh said.
That also means nose tackle Brandon McKinney, who came off the Physically Unable to Perform list Tuesday, will also not play.

Starting TE Ed Dickson Dealing With Hamstring
One youngster the Ravens would like to get some more time is second-year tight end Ed Dickson.
However, Todd Heap’s heir pulled his hamstring, according to Offensive Coordinator Cam Cameron. Dickson hasn’t practiced since last Friday.
It looks doubtful that Dickson will face the Eagles.
“We will get him back whenever we get him back,” Cameron said Monday. “Hamstrings can be a little tricky, but he was having an outstanding camp and I am sure we will, hopefully, get him back for at least two or maybe even three of the preseason games.”
Harbaugh said the pair of tight ends the Ravens signed Monday – Jonathan Stupar and Kris Wilson – will play.

Kindle Is A Go
Outside linebacker Sergio Kindle will play his first NFL game one year after fracturing his skull.
The pass-rusher has looked good in practice, and will now get his chance to line up against another team.
“We want to get him out there, put him on the edge and let him go,” Defensive Coordinator Chuck Pagano said Monday.

For The Eagles
Head Coach Andy Reid said on his WIP radio show that Philadelphia’s first-team offense and defense will play one quarter at Lincoln Financial Field.

The second team will play the second quarter and into the third and everybody else will finish the game.

The Starting WR's for the Eagles with be Avant and second year player Riley Cooper.

The Eagles likely want to let their top teams gel more in a game situation, since they have added so many pieces (cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins, running back Ronnie Brown, quarterback Vince Young, tackle Ryan Harris and linebacker Akeem Jordan).

“They’re all going to have an opportunity to play,” Reid said.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
Shotty

Shotty

Number of posts : 1230
Gamertag : SevereSh0tD0wN
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Who’s Playing, Who’s Not vs. Eagles   Who’s Playing, Who’s Not vs. Eagles Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 12:49 pm

I'm not sure how I feel. I don't like seeing starters play too much in preseason due to the injury risk, but with all the new guys they definitely need time to gel
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Who’s Playing, Who’s Not vs. Eagles   Who’s Playing, Who’s Not vs. Eagles Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:02 pm

I doubt Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Ngata play more then 1 series. Also, were playing two tight ends we picked up just this past week... so fail...

I'm only interested in seeing how Sergio Kindle does, he might be the other pass rusher we need to compliment Suggs. He was injured last year before he even got the chance to play. I was looking forward to seeing our new top CB Jimmy Smith, but he's injured too, no Ed Dickson either and our only other QB is a rookie. So I expect to lose, but as long as their aren't any injuries I'm okay.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who’s Playing, Who’s Not vs. Eagles   Who’s Playing, Who’s Not vs. Eagles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who’s Playing, Who’s Not vs. Eagles
Page 1 of 1