{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Treyarch plans to revamp 'Black Ops 2' with a 'point allocation' system

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Treyarch plans to revamp 'Black Ops 2' with a 'point allocation' system   Empty
PostSubject: Treyarch plans to revamp 'Black Ops 2' with a 'point allocation' system    Treyarch plans to revamp 'Black Ops 2' with a 'point allocation' system   Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:14 pm

Multiplayer has always been the shining star of “Call of Duty” franchise. The single player has always delivered the goods, but the nonstop re-playability of the multiplayer is what made it the multi-billion dollar franchise that it is today. The problem that the series faces lately is its inability to innovate; with E3 we have discovered a new rumor that suggests all of this has changed.

Ever since “Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare”, the multiplayer has always focused on a three tier “perk” load out. Each tier would have a set amount of perks that relatively countered each other. Players could create “classes” focused on stealth style game play or an all out rushing style class. To compliment these perks, kill streaks were set based on how long you went with out dying. On top of these “load outs” players always got a primary and secondary weapon plus some form of equipment: lethal grenade and tactical grenade.

With “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2” Treyarch plans to change all of that. The three tier system has been replaced with a 10 point allocation system. Guns, attachments, equipment and perks will not all take up allocation points. For example, you could allocate all your points toward starting out with 2 primary weapons, or you could allocate no points to weapons and start out with a standard knife, get a kill, and steal a gun. The allocated points not used on any weapons would allow you to use them toward a select amount of perks.

This is an interesting take on the series and it will put many fans into culture shock. I’m excited for it as the series has run stale, considering “Modern Warfare 3” was an abortion of a game that has been broken since day one. I can’t help but wonder if Treyarch will include a “classic” style game mode on the side in order to keep players that are unable to cope happy. Either way, with more gameplay being shown this Monday on the “Jimmy Fallon” show, we will hopefully see some direction or insight into Black Ops 2’s multiplayer and more importantly, this rumor.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
fusion

Number of posts : 2621
Gamertag : Chocolate Meoww
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch plans to revamp 'Black Ops 2' with a 'point allocation' system    Treyarch plans to revamp 'Black Ops 2' with a 'point allocation' system   Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 9:04 pm

aka the perk system is EXACTLY like Homefront's. Not that I'm complaining about it at all, I'm really glad that they are doing this! Now I don't have to feel like I'm wasting a perk tier if I don't have any good perks in that tier.
Back to top Go down
asap

Number of posts : 1271
Gamertag : Cod Division

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch plans to revamp 'Black Ops 2' with a 'point allocation' system    Treyarch plans to revamp 'Black Ops 2' with a 'point allocation' system   Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Ya ya it's all a futile effort. Black Ops 2 is still going to be StUfF with the grenade launching sniper rifle no matter how they try to cover it up.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch plans to revamp 'Black Ops 2' with a 'point allocation' system    Treyarch plans to revamp 'Black Ops 2' with a 'point allocation' system   Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 5:09 am

Dude, they have a automatic grenade launcher in MW3, but nobody uses it. Black Ops 1 had a crossbow, but hardly anyone used it.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
fusion

Number of posts : 2621
Gamertag : Chocolate Meoww

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch plans to revamp 'Black Ops 2' with a 'point allocation' system    Treyarch plans to revamp 'Black Ops 2' with a 'point allocation' system   Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:34 am

I have faith in treyarch that the grenade launchers and knives won't be OP. I bet they make it some sort of high costing attachment, and it'll replace something that will be important, like a scope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch plans to revamp 'Black Ops 2' with a 'point allocation' system    Treyarch plans to revamp 'Black Ops 2' with a 'point allocation' system   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Treyarch plans to revamp 'Black Ops 2' with a 'point allocation' system
Page 1 of 1