{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!

Go down 
+6
STARWARSKID93
SkankyNugget
w01fsk7aag
nightfox
fusion
crapgamer
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Empty
PostSubject: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:29 pm

SAN FRANCISCO--This morning, Activision confirmed what many had noticed when watching its trailer the night before: That the sequel for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will simply be called "Modern Warfare 2." The confirmation led to speculation that the game would be the first of a whole new spin-off series--speculation that a statement from an Infinity Ward rep appears to have confirmed.

"All I can tell you (officially) at this point is that Modern Warfare has taken on such a life of its own, it has become our focus now," a rep told GameSpot. "At this point, it's too early to release additional details." This was echoed in a statement by Infinity Ward CEO Vince Zampella, who said, "Everyone on the team is laser-focused on making the most gripping experience we've ever created."

Several questions are raised by this apparent confirmation that Modern Warfare is now its own animal. The rep declined to answer the first--whether or not the new IP Infinity Ward revealed last July is a Modern Warfare series or something else entirely.

If Modern Warfare is indeed a new franchise, it will have a massive fan base from day one. Activision also announced today that Call of Duty 4 has sold 12 million units worldwide to date, according to sales figures from the NPD Group (US) and GfK (Europe). Citing these figures, Activision is now calling its critically lauded blockbuster the "best-selling first-person action game of all time."

The prospect of a stand-alone Modern Warfare series also puts the fate of the Call of Duty franchise into question. If Infinity Ward is no longer making Call of Duty games, the most likely scenario would see it being taken over by Treyarch. The similarly Activision-owned studio had been alternating COD projects with Infinity Ward, releasing the multiplatinum Call of Duty: World at War last year. As of press time, Activision reps had not commented on the status of the Call of Duty license.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:35 pm

It's about time it has achieved that title... After being ported to the 360, PS3 and PC it got that title finally... This just means they can't screw up on MW2 and they need to over deliver to really get things going for it
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:41 am

I've said all along that COD4 really set the bar as far as I am concerned.
It was after all the best rated FPS ever. Also the only FPS to ever draw my interest. The game has ruined any chances of me liking a different FPS because I will always use it as a point of comparison. Which I guess is why I can deal with waw.
The part I like best are the environments, they are based off real places and are really photo realistic.
Good stuff, glad they are dropping the COD part as well. Its just outgrown it.
Here's hoping MW2 outsells the first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:59 am

Well this game is going to be great regardless but someone like me isn't always into extreme realism that much... But I have respect for the game so I am definitely going to get it and probably only stick to KZ2 and MW2
Back to top Go down
fusion

Number of posts : 2621
Gamertag : Chocolate Meoww
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:14 am

ive had no doubt since the first time i played cod4 that it would be the best ever. nothing compares to it yet.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:25 am

Agreed Fusion, and its not a knock on other games either, its just the pace, style setup are so great on cod4.
Hell I bought it on 2 systems.
Back to top Go down
nightfox

nightfox

Number of posts : 349
Gamertag : Gay 4 Pay
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:48 pm

every single call of duty game has set the bar for its time era... even BIG RED ONE was an awesome FPS at that time... and COD2 was so much fun... and COD3 was one of the best FPS's ever... i was so dissapointed with WaW because COD4 set the bar
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

Number of posts : 4882
Gamertag : w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:40 pm

CoD3 was a FAILURE CoD2 was better.
Back to top Go down
nightfox

nightfox

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 2:58 pm

to bad that's your opinion? and i have mine.
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:00 pm

its not just may opinion. go on gamebattles, go on mlgpro, and ask whether they think cod3 or cod2 was better.
Back to top Go down
fusion

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:09 pm

that still means nothin, lol. his opinion doesnt mean go check on gb... lol
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:25 pm

If that's his opinion then you just have to accept that.
Now if you want to say COD4 sold better or was received better critically then those facts are there. Opinions are to each their own.
I must say I enjoyed COD2, COD4 and WAW is growing on me.
Back to top Go down
fusion

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:26 pm

id say i hated waw, and all other cods. why? because i just hate ww2 games
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:33 pm

To be fair WAW plays alot like COD4, and the fact that it's just not Nazi's is a cool change. The Pacific battles are really well done and Kiefer Sutherland does really kickass voice work as Roebuck.
Back to top Go down
nightfox

nightfox

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 5:11 pm

agreed, although cod4 is amazing, world at war was well put together, it just pisses me off every time i see the little marker in my cross hairs saying i "HURT" someone with my grenade, but didn't kill them... and also the knifing system is really weird... i dont like when i stab people and i go past them, or right beside them, i like the cod4 knife...
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:01 pm

nightfox I freaking totally agree with you on the knife system. It is flawed and weird. In COD4 I used to love to sneak up on people and get a sure kill. However too many times on waw I have tried to do the same thing, only to have the knife lag or to miss then get knifed myself...ugghhh
Back to top Go down
nightfox

nightfox

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:06 pm

i feel ya... i sure hope MW2 upgrades or, at least keeps the same knifing system from cod4
Back to top Go down
SkankyNugget

SkankyNugget

Number of posts : 567
Gamertag : skanky nugget
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:02 pm

im fine with new weapons and new perks and new game modes.

i dont need anything fancy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skankynugget
nightfox

nightfox

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:06 pm

whats so good about the new perks? there all just add ons to shit they put in the game like flares, tabun gas, and flametrowers...
Back to top Go down
STARWARSKID93

STARWARSKID93

Number of posts : 3676

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:07 pm

Dude if u could get the javoline missle that be sick.
Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.tk
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:00 pm

no it wouldnt, javelin missles are gay with their lock on shit thats gets fucked up to easily
Back to top Go down
SMOKEDAWG

SMOKEDAWG

Number of posts : 2253
PSN : SMOKEDAWG1994
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:32 am

then razgriz would be like
TACTICAL TACTICAL cmon all u do is dodge and shoot
Back to top Go down
fusion

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:38 am

ROFL
Back to top Go down
w01fsk7aag

w01fsk7aag

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:29 am

retard thats shotguns, theres no rockets in gears only the boomshot and it actually takes a little skill to use because it arcs and theres only 2 bullets
Back to top Go down
asap

Number of posts : 1271
Gamertag : Cod Division

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:24 am

WaW sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!   COD4 officially best selling FPS ever! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COD4 officially best selling FPS ever!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next