{MOH} Regulators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who you got in the playoffs?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Playoff poll
Steelers beat Broncos
Who you got in the playoffs? I_vote_lcap23%Who you got in the playoffs? I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 6 ]
Broncos beat Steelers
Who you got in the playoffs? I_vote_lcap4%Who you got in the playoffs? I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Texans beat Bengals
Who you got in the playoffs? I_vote_lcap15%Who you got in the playoffs? I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
Bengals beat Texans
Who you got in the playoffs? I_vote_lcap8%Who you got in the playoffs? I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Giants beat Falcons
Who you got in the playoffs? I_vote_lcap12%Who you got in the playoffs? I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Falcons beat Giants
Who you got in the playoffs? I_vote_lcap12%Who you got in the playoffs? I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Lions beat Saints
Who you got in the playoffs? I_vote_lcap4%Who you got in the playoffs? I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Saints beat Lions
Who you got in the playoffs? I_vote_lcap22%Who you got in the playoffs? I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
crapgamer

crapgamer

Number of posts : 10061
Gamertag : thecrapgamer
PSN : crapgamer
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Who you got in the playoffs? Empty
PostSubject: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:37 am

Just thought I'd throw this poll up to see what you guys all think. I know what I want to happen and what will probably happen, my personal favorite scenario is Texans beating Bengals and Steelers beating Broncos, then the Texans go to Baltimore and will lost, my hope is the Steelers would beat the Patriots again and thus send them to Baltimore for the AFC Championship game, where the Ravens have been undefeated all year. 2-0 against the Steelers as well.

Back to top Go down
http://teammoh.com
Poison

Poison

Number of posts : 341
PSN : Venenum-
Registration date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:27 pm

Unfortunately for the Broncos, they don't have a passing game. The Steelers' lack of true cornerbacks kills them especially late game. The Steelers and Bengals will win though based on their opponents lack of solid passing games and their own strong defenses.

The Giants suck, they only got in by beating below par Jets and Cowboys teams at home, their only hope is to capitalize on a young Falcon offense who only went 4-4 at home this season. The Saints are the best team in the NFC right now, Brees' best arm in the league combined with a shitty Lion's defense means big points.
Back to top Go down
asap

Number of posts : 1271
Gamertag : Cod Division
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:32 am

^^^. Saints for sure.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:15 am

So far I'm batting 1000% ! I knew the Bengals would go into Texas and lose, 0-8 against teams with winning records this year.

Now I have to do something I hate...cheer for the Steelers to win. I think they have a shot at helping the Ravens get home field back for the AFC Championship. And if they go and lose to the Patriots, it's no big deal as the Ravens would have had to have gone there anyway. I'd just prefer not to have to play the Patriots after the Steelers, because Steeler games are so physical.

Football season I always do a lot of scouting, I saw some interesting things in the AFC.
Ravens 6-0 against playoff teams
Steelers 3-4 against playoff teams
Patriots 1-2 against playoff teams
Bengals 0-7 against playoff teams

Not saying anything is a sure bet, but I wouldn't count out what I predicted to happen.

The NFC is wide open, I think people are counting out the 49ers, but they have a solid defense that could create trouble for NO or GB.
Back to top Go down
Poison

Poison

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Well that was embarrassing for me... 1-3 in week 1.

In the NFC, I'm picking the Giants over the Packers. The Pack only barely beat the Giants in the regular season and the last team with an overpowering front 7 was the Chiefs, they got beat. Eli Manning is a playoff God and I don't see him stopping, especially if Bradshaw and Jacobs keep running well. It all comes down to Safety play on both teams though.

The Saints will keep on rolling despite the 49er defense that only let up a rushing TD to Marshawn Lynch and Kellen Clemens in the season. Unfortunately for them, the Saints don't run and the 49er offense can't keep up with the passing yards champion.

In the AFC, I have to pick the Patriots, even though the Broncos won, it was against a Steeler D missing 4 starters and it took overtime to win. If they don't score 30 points vs the Pats it'll be a repeat of a month ago.

Gonna pick the Ravens only because Ray Rice is unstoppable. Not saying the Texans won't put up a good fight, but when it comes down to when they have to pass, I'd take Flacco over any rookie in the playoffs. The defenses are both really really good, I'm thinking a low scorer.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Ravens, Patriots, Giants and 49ers for me.

Ravens beat the Texans in Baltimore earlier int he year when the Texans actually had a QB. 29-14 and Foster only had 49 yards rushing. It'll be close for a quarter or so, then it's all Ravens at home.

Patriots will win a closer then expected game, but look foe the Broncos to put up some yards and points on that defense. The Broncos had 160+ rushing yards in the first quarter the last time they met, only 3 Bronco fumbles helped give the Patriots an edge.

Saints are great, but the 49ers have a great defense and they are playing in San Fran. Defense beats offense outside in the grass. So this might look like an upset, but the 49ers were the second seed, so it shouldn't really shock anyone.

Giants have confidence and are playing great, the Packers main starters have had 2 full weeks off and will be rusty, Giants will need to pounce early.
Back to top Go down
Shotty

Shotty

Number of posts : 1230
Gamertag : SevereSh0tD0wN
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Packers are going to absolutely annihilate the Giants. Confident or not, I'm not picking against Aaron Rodgers until I have a reason to do so.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Who called that 49er upset? Me!

Slap, slap, slap Saints!
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:29 pm

If the Giants win this last game I was 4 for 4 this week!
Back to top Go down
Shotty

Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Damn. That, my friends, is a good old fashioned DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHOKE
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:08 pm

Well I went 7-1 so far. I really could have went 8-0, but my gut said Broncos while my heart wanted the Steelers to win, so that they would go rough up the Patriots.

I watch a lot of football during the year, the Packers were 15-1, but they looked pretty beatable a lot of the time, especially the first Giants game, the Vikings game ect....

I'm leaning towards a Harbaugh bowl II for the SuperBowl this year, but I'm not locked in on the NFC champ yet.

Ravens 8-0 vs playoff teams this year and had the toughest NFL schedule going against the leagues worst defense. Look for a matchup close to what the Steelers did to the Patriots earlier in the year.

It'll be close, but I think the Ravens pull it off. Although ignorant Patriot fans are taking a win against an average Bronco team as some super great feat.....

Back to top Go down
Shotty

Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:12 pm

I want the Ravens to win the AFC, as long as the Giants don't win the god damn Super Bowl.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Shotty wrote:
I want the Ravens to win the AFC, as long as the Giants don't win the god damn Super Bowl.

Well the 49ers beat the Giants earlier this year, but the Giants are playing lights out right now, gonna be hard to stop that team.
Back to top Go down
Shotty

Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:15 pm

crapgamer wrote:
Shotty wrote:

Well the 49ers beat the Giants earlier this year, but the Giants are playing lights out right now, gonna be hard to stop that team.

I don't have much faith in the 49ers to be honest. I'm counting on the AFC to take down the Giants, and I'd rather Brady not get another ring.
Back to top Go down
Ellerphant

Ellerphant

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:19 pm

Shotty wrote:
Packers are going to absolutely annihilate the Giants. Confident or not, I'm not picking against Aaron Rodgers until I have a reason to do so.
Slapped.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm not going to start a whole "thing" cause I know Poisons a Patriots fan, but the Patriots didn't beat a team that ended with a winning record all year...... They struggled against teams like the Cowboys, Redskins, Dolphins ect...

I'm not saying it's a cake walk for the Ravens, but the Patriots are going to find it tougher to beat a team that actually hits back and isn't intimidated.

Patriots used to have that mystique that nobody could go into NE and beat them, it's not like that anymore. 3 of their last 4 playoff games have been losses and their only win was against a god awful Bronco team that looked like a deer in the headlights all night....

Brady will get a couple of TD's, it'd be foolish to think otherwise, but the Patriots O-line is suspect and their D is TRBL. I'd run Rice non stop, keep Brady off the field, pressure and knock him down.

In all fairness I think people are trying to judge the playoff victories to decide the winners of the Championship games.

Ravens struggled against the 2nd ranked NFL defense, 2nd ranked rush offense, the Texans o-line gave up the least sacks this season and they came to play. Totally different story with the Patriots...

Is it any secret that the high flying teams are eliminated except the Patriots who had an easy match up?

Defense wins championships.
Back to top Go down
Poison

Poison

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:18 pm

I'm not going to start this "thing" seeing as Crappy is a Raven's fan. In fact, setting aside my bias for the Pats and because I'm the football genius I clearly am is picking the Ravens to win. It'll be a tough game, both teams will score in the 30s. The Ravens have the best D in the league, but Brady is the best passer since Montana. Ray Rice is one of the top backs in the league but it all depends on which Pats D shows up, the one who sucked for 16 weeks, or the one who shut down the Broncos who lit up the Steelers' "good" D the week before.

You can't stop Tom Brady, only hope to slow him down, and when he has the weapons that he does around him, the young Ravens Corners with a potentially gimpy Ed Reed could be in for some trouble. Flacco is going to have to play well, he can't go in and throw for 180 yards and a TD because Brady will throw for 300+ and 2-3 minimum. The only huge advantage I see is the Ravens running game over the Pats D. Ravens 38 - Patriots 35

-

I'm gonna stick with the Giants, they're rolling as I said they would and Eli is unbeatable right now. Their young DBs are stepping up and I don't need to say anything about their front 4. Only thing I worry about is Hakeem Nicks' health going up against tough guys Aldon Smith and Patrick Willis on those crossing routes on 1st/2nd down pass plays. The 9ers are excellent this year and surprised me, but I just don't trust in Alex Smith, he's good, but he rode on his defense's big plays until his late game heroics yesterday. Giants 24 - 49ers - 13

**by the way, the Pats only let up 12 sacks all season, not something to scoff at when you face the Jets D twice, DeMarcus Ware, Brian Orakpo, Cameron Wake, the Giants D, and the Steelers D.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:26 am

You cant really say the Broncos lit up the Steeler D. I mean the Steelers played the run all game long and it finally cost them big in OT. I think the Steelers were the better team and had they won they would have given a much tougher fight to the Steelers.

Brady lifetime against the Ravens has 6 TD's and 6 INT's. They have contained him and Manning quite well.

I actually have the Ravens winning 34-24, which is similar to what you have. It's still a tough call on the Giants game, the last time they were playing like they are they won it all.

Also, the Patriots beat the Broncos, probably the worst playoff team I've ever seen. Tebow cannot throw and that team looked happy just to be in a game in NE. I wouldn't throw out what the Patriots D looked like 16 weeks in the regular season because they played well against an average team.

It will be tough, but the way a lot of Patriots fans are going on, the Ravens shouldn't even bother to show up...lol

I think they should just let the teams play, Ravens might win, they might lose, but it'll be close, every Ravens/Patriots match up has been decided by 6 points or less, except that playoff win 2 years ago when the Ravens won by 19.

So it should be a hell of a game, but of course I'm pulling for the Ravens. If they are smart they will look at the Steeler footage and do what they did against Brady, pressure and don't let Welker off the line without a check. Put nickle and dime packages in and use the extra DB's to cover big, but not fast Patriot TE's.

Back to top Go down
Poison

Poison

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:46 am

I still say Ed Reed's health is a big factor, look what happened to the Steelers when Ryan Clark didn't play. He probably would have made a play against Thomas in OT vs the Broncos.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 am

Reed said he's fine, tweaked his ankle a bit, but his backup is no slouch either.

I like what the SuperBowl matchups could be, Ravens / 49ers is interesting to me, Ravens / Giants is a rematch of SB 35 which is also kind of interesting.

Patriots/ Giants is interesting because the Giants stopped the Pats for their undefeated quest...the only matchup uninteresting to me is Patriots/49ers, for some reason that doesn't appeal to me at all.

Should be an interesting weekend.
Back to top Go down
Poison

Poison

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:58 am

Because the Patriots are built to beat the 49ers. The 49ers don't have a high powered offense and a quarterback not known for making explosive plays. They can't keep up with the Patriots offense, even if their front 7 are very good.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:03 am

Poison wrote:
Because the Patriots are built to beat the 49ers. The 49ers don't have a high powered offense and a quarterback not known for making explosive plays. They can't keep up with the Patriots offense, even if their front 7 are very good.

I heard that against the Saints too. I'd pick the 49ers in that because the 49ers play defense and run the ball and Vernon Davis is hard to handle.

I think the Patriots are good, but are probably my 2nd least favorite team all time behind the Steelers. I'll pick a team with good defense over a team with a good offense any day of the week. Two "high powered" offenses down and one to go.
Back to top Go down
Shotty

Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Ellerphant wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Slapped.

Oh please. The Packers played their worst game of the year by FAR. Sure the Giants played well, but that was not the same Packers team that's been dominating all year.
Back to top Go down
crapgamer

crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:16 pm

Shotty wrote:
Ellerphant wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Slapped.

Oh please. The Packers played their worst game of the year by FAR. Sure the Giants played well, but that was not the same Packers team that's been dominating all year.

I only saw a few Packer games this year, the ones they barely pulled out in Minnesota. the Chiefs game and the first Giants game, they didn't really look dominant in any of those games to me. It was an easy upset to pick.

The funny part is how the Packer fans were all calling for Flynn to be put in...seriously...lol

Flynn will get a contract for next year though, Cleveland perhaps? The AFC North will be even more interesting if Cleveland steps up too.
Back to top Go down
Shotty

Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:19 pm

crapgamer wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Ellerphant wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Slapped.

I only saw a few Packer games this year, the ones they barely pulled out in Minnesota. the Chiefs game and the first Giants game, they didn't really look dominant in any of those games to me. It was an easy upset to pick.

The funny part is how the Packer fans were all calling for Flynn to be put in...seriously...lol

Flynn will get a contract for next year though, Cleveland perhaps? The AFC North will be even more interesting if Cleveland steps up too.

I want Flynn in Philly. I know it'll absolutely never happen, but the sooner we get a "conventional" QB, the better. After Vick showed what he could do last year I got excited, but this year just proved to me that the Eagles need nothing more than a good pocket QB who can stay healthy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who you got in the playoffs?   Who you got in the playoffs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who you got in the playoffs?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next